Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Politician at the door

I vote in Florida now.
    I had a guy come to the door a few days ago who gave us a card with all the Republican candidates and asked if we were voting straight Republican. I said yes except for Mr Renner (R) my State rep I am leaving that ballot blank. (We live in a red district and Renner will get elected anyway)
    He said why? I told him because of his vote on the gun control bill that passed in Florida after the Parkland shooting and Rick Scott signed it. He said OK and turned to leave and my wife walked him back out to the driveway. He asked her, "Is your husband anti gun?" She said no, just the opposite. He seemed not to know that the House and Senate in Florida are both controlled by Republicans but they all voted yes to remove both US and Florida constitutional rights from 18, 19 and 20 year olds and enacted red flag laws to confiscate guns without due process. (Democrats all voted no presumably because it was not tough enough and they knew Republicans would do their dirty work for them). I had even written emails to Renner, my State Senator Mr Hutson, Marco Rubio and Ron Desantis before the vote telling them I would not support them if they voted to infringe rights further. All four responded with a form letter acknowledging they got the email. Rubio then also sent a full page response which was not all that reassuring. The others never answered my email. DeSantis has been reliably pro Second Amendment but did not send a further response (I guess because he was busy running for Governor.)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by N66Mike View Post
    I would have been fine to shake hands part ways to agree to disagree. But disturbing my Saturday afternoon and fishing about hunting annoyed me too much so I did get rude rather quick.
    For me it depends on their ‘presentation’, (i.e., show respect to me and I return it). Over the summer, a college aged young gentleman knocked up trying to sell me windows. His corporate sales/marketing training was well learned... nevertheless, I didn’t need any windows replaced, so I thanked him and sent him on his way.

I did cold calling back in the day and know how much that job sucks.

(Lehigh County)

My only thought is it is a shame you were not open carrying at the time!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Cambria County)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Feel free to move.

So I just answered the door to this "nice lady" running for the 40th district named Sharon Guidi. So she does her bit of working for the people. Then ask for questions. I asked her stance on the 2nd amendment. She said "guns?" I said yes. She asked if I was a hunter LOL. I stopped her right there and said "excuse me, but I asked for your stance." She said "I am not for taking guns away, but we must use common sense. I am a member of moms demand action." I responded with "good bye." She tried saying something else and I now said rudely "GOOD BYE".

My wife was at the door with me and said I was rude. I said, "I was only rude because Mrs Politician tried deceiving me with that fishing expedition seeing if I was a hunter before she responded. Like hunting matters to the 2nd Admendment the idiot." Wife then said I probably reinforced her stance that gun owners are jerks. I stated "Mrs Politician enforced my stance that politicians are scum especially democrats." Wife then said she didn't state her party affiliation. So a trip to her web site shows that she is a .....Democrate with the first line on her issues page is fighting for common sense laws and against the NRA.

Just thought I would share how my afternoon went.
    Should have kept her there talking with you as long as you could so that she would have less time to go infect others with her nonsense, lol.

Answer the door in yer boxers , only.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Answer the door in yer boxers , only.
    Then she will want to stay and never leave.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    For me it depends on their ‘presentation’, (i.e., show respect to me and I return it). Over the summer, a college aged young gentleman knocked up trying to sell me windows. His corporate sales/marketing training was well learned... nevertheless, I didn’t need any windows replaced, so I thanked him and sent him on his way.

I did cold calling back in the day and know how much that job sucks.
    I had a hot, and I mean HOT, college age girl try to sell me something this past summer. I cannot even remember what it was, but I let her go through her entire presentation and even asked a few questions.

(Montgomery County)

Bloomberg is pushing state level candidates in Pennsylvania via his subsidiary Moms Demand Action.
    There are already a few Moms Demand politicians in the PA Legislature.

Instead of complaining about anti gun candidates, we should be promoting our own organic 2A candidates from the ranks of the PAFOA membership and other PA 2A forums.
    Gun owners are constantly reactive instead of proactive, constantly acting like victims instead of leaders.

The political fight is now on our doorstep.
    The PA 2A community either comes together now to establish a proactive 2A fight, or we continue as we are and watch PA fall to NJ style gun bans.

Nobody is going to come save the 2A for us in Pennsylvania.
    It comes down to us to solve our own 2A political problems.

There is no reason why we of the PAFOA cannot promote our own organic 2A political candidates.
    What are we waiting for?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

LOL can't say I remember her facial expression but she Cleary was try to calculate her response.
    An NPC is not programmed to calculate a response.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Last edited by Daycrawler; October 21st, 2018 at 03:29 AM.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You should have asked her why would any hunter need an assault rifle? That would have been fun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast