Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why aren't new outdoor ranges and gun clubs being formed in PA. ?

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Surprisingly the EPA is not much of a problem. I have been involved with small companies that built extensive outdoor ranges and I queried about this. As far as the EPA is concerned intact lead bullets are inert and when shot into woods or a berm they just sit there for eternity and do nothing. The only concern they have is lead dust from shooting steel and even that wasn't a concern. In fact the state environmental agencies in these two different states(not PA) were more concerned and even that was overcome.
    When I lived in NJ I belonged to NJRPC which is a huge outdoor club and the lead clean up project lasted from 2011 into 2013 and cost a small fortune. While I didn't go to every member meeting a lot of the new berm construction and the amount they had to remove of the old was due to EPA and state eco regs. Maybe the majority came from the state but I'm sure those rules will carry over to here sooner then later especially if one goes up in an area that doesn't want it.

(Centre County)

SO many hurdles to jump through. Things were more simple when most of these clubs and ranges were started. Huge investments of money, and time. Red tape, zoning, liability.

(Monroe County)

There is $$$$ to be made with a good outdoor range and it's a pipe dream of mine, but the $$$$$$$ and years of fighting locals and zoneing keeps it that way.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Now I have heard this is the best private club in Berks but never been in there:

https://goo.gl/maps/u7ApZs7c4NG2

Some thing about poker games and scantily clad women?
    I donít get it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123