Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Why aren't new outdoor ranges and gun clubs being formed in PA. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Oh yeah, I know that :-)
    LOL, figured you did cuz you be close to that hood.

(Columbia County)

I would speculate that if someone opened a outdoor range whether it be a gun club or private range, the range wouldn't fall under that state regulation that prohibits the closing of ranges due to noise. The owner will have worry about local ordinances, both existing and future ordinances that could affect the legality of the club, maybe even DEP due to the lead, urban sprawl, and one or more anti gun neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sounds like a business opportunity for you. Now all you need is a million dollars and a business plan.
    Did you see that I posted for "some people"? Having a bad day or just small thoughts? I was only hoping for intelligent input.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Google Private Clubs in Private, PA oh wait.... they would be private ! (-:
    Don't quit you day job.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I would speculate that if someone opened a outdoor range whether it be a gun club or private range, the range wouldn't fall under that state regulation that prohibits the closing of ranges due to noise. The owner will have worry about local ordinances, both existing and future ordinances that could affect the legality of the club, maybe even DEP due to the lead, urban sprawl, and one or more anti gun neighbors.
    Thank you for your intelligent reasoning.
    Last edited by Iron Sights; October 19th, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Geeeez. I have a great range I shoot at and when I looked at your location (to offer help) I saw private so I thought that doesn’t help if I don’t know where you are. It struck me as funny.
    You didn’t have to be so rude.
    Last edited by Just1more; October 19th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    As I understand it, as long as they meet the regulations in effect at the time of opening, they are protected from future changes.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    Did you see that I posted for "some people"? Having a bad day or just small thoughts? I was only hoping for intelligent input.
    Then feel free to ask intelligent questions after you have given the subject some real thought.

The answer I gave you was correct you don't see more Range businesses because they cost millions to build and thousands for up keep and it takes a lot of members willing to pay a lot monthly to keep then running.

Why sit back and wait for someone else to do the job, if you see a money making opportunity you should jump on it. Or maybe the answer is the margins are just not there?

Most "gun clubs" are non profit org's which have a limited number of members, monthly/yearly dues and a elected governing body. There are no money making opportunities involved outside of funding the club. In other words it is a shit ton of work done out of a labor of love for 0 personal profit.

Grow a pair.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 19th, 2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    As I understand it, as long as they meet the regulations in effect at the time of opening, they are protected from future changes.
    The EPA is going to be a huge issue especially with lead removal and clean up costs.

Lot of members or a limited number of members?

As for the growing a "pair comment", I'm guessing somebody had a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    Lot of members or a limited number of members?

As for the growing a "pair comment", I'm guessing somebody had a bad day.
    Yeah I am betting it was you since you don't seem to be able to handle comments on a message forum.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 19th, 2018 at 07:12 PM.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The EPA is going to be a huge issue especially with lead removal and clean up costs.
    Surprisingly the EPA is not much of a problem. I have been involved with small companies that built extensive outdoor ranges and I queried about this. As far as the EPA is concerned intact lead bullets are inert and when shot into woods or a berm they just sit there for eternity and do nothing. The only concern they have is lead dust from shooting steel and even that wasn't a concern. In fact the state environmental agencies in these two different states(not PA) were more concerned and even that was overcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast