Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Alert] Call your senators and get our Pro-Gun bill moving in the Senate

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    number 1. that's the right to carry in state parks, correct?
    yes it is... i answered my own question. maybe i should yahoo/google before i post crap...

contacted mine by phone. he's actually a friend of a friend that i voted for (also a republician IN BUCKS COUNTY !) so chances are he'll get to work on it and then he'd win a re election vote from me. if we get this passed, all we'll need is right to carry on college campus (and teachers in k-12)
    and a federal unfreeze of the full autos and i will truely feel free in this country. god bless america. i'm going to get my friend to talk to her politician friend circle to help get this pushed.

please people... in addition to emails. call. calling doesn't get stopped from spam filters or goes to the recycle bin. call your area senator.

you can find out your senator here:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: [PAFOA Alert] Call your senators and get our Pro-Gun bill moving in the Senate

Done. Thanks for the heads up! I wrote a long letter, showing how it affects me personally and sent it to them all!

Good job in keeping us informed!

Ray

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Alert] Call your senators and get our Pro-Gun bill moving in the Senate

Along with Pro-Gun Legislation (HB 1845) Needs YOUR Help in PA Senate email that DanP already posted from the ACSL and PSA. I got this Press Release below supporting bill passage as well attached from PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs email alert

Pass Anti-Gun Violence Bill Now, O'Neill Says

Rep. Bernie O'Neill
    29th District
    Pennsylvania House of Representatives

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 25, 2008

Pass Anti-Gun Violence Bill Now, O'Neill Says

HARRISBURG - In light of continuing gun crimes in southeastern Pennsylvania, Rep. Bernie O'Neill (R-Bucks) is urging the state Senate to move legislation that attacks straw gun purchases and lying to get a gun.

House Bill 1845 has been in the state Senate since April after it passed the House. O'Neill successfully amended the bill to increase penalties for lying on federal documents to purchase a firearm.

"Pennsylvanians and law enforcement have waited too long for this needed legislation to get to the governor's desk," O'Neill said. "Another police officer was gunned down at the hands of a criminal which underscores the need for the Senate to move forward with this bill that will help prevent these types of senseless gun crimes."

O'Neill said one of the ways to address gun violence is by examining the laws already on the books and working to make them even larger deterrents, which House Bill 1845 would do. Currently, any individual who purchases a gun from a licensed dealer is required to fill out a federal form known as Form 4473 which asks whether the individual has been convicted of certain offenses, and whether he or she has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution, etc.

"The federal form is designed so that only those who are legally permitted to purchase a firearm are able to do so," O'Neill said. "But lying on that form has been one way people can get around those questions and get one step further in the process. Ensuring there are penalties for providing false information on this form should be yet another deterrent."

The overall legislation passed the House unanimously on April 8.

O'Neill also said that while state law sets penalties for offering false information as part of a firearm purchase, a 2007 Pennsylvania court case found those penalties in state law did not apply to false entries on federal forms. This legislation corrects that by establishing the crime in state law.

Other provisions within the bill will increase penalties for possessing a firearm with an altered serial number, extend the statutes of limitations for straw purchases, grant a 90-day extension of a valid Pennsylvania license to carry a firearm for military individuals who have been deployed overseas, and toughen penalties for false reports of stolen firearms.

"With time running out on our legislative calendar this fall, this should be a top priority for the Senate to act on," O'Neill said. "There are three scheduled legislative days left on the Senate calendar. If the bill is not moved from the Senate Appropriations Committee on Monday, Oct. 6, then time will run out. Without this important, responsible legislation, law enforcement's hands are tied in preventing criminals from getting access to firearms."
    GO GO PAFOA!!!!!
    Keep Emailing, Calling and faxing and expressing your support for HB 1845.

(Allegheny County)

emails sent

will make calls Monday

(Lancaster County)

All 5o Emailed

(Allegheny County)

Emails sent.. I hope this helps...
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Delaware County)

I called my locals and e-mailed the rest......if i have time i may call a couple more offices.

(York County)

Emails sent... will follow up with some phone calls on Monday.

(Cambria County)

I sent my letters out the other day. I just wish more us us would do the same.

In a way it is sad. We have so many members, you would think that there would be a couple hundred, no thousand, hits on this thread letting us know that they took the time to write or contact someone they needed too.

I sure hope that a lot of those that sent letters just failed to respond on here that they did so. Sad to think so few of us can find the time to respond to something this important to all of us.

Pass the word around guys. Check with your buddies on here and ask them if they took the time to get out an e-mail. Encourage them to make sure they do send an e-mail out. Heck send them a generic letter already typed up, so all they have to do is copy it and send it out if they can't find the time to do that.

It don't get much easier than this. They have all the addresses found for you. Just cut and paste into the e-mail. Write two lines saying you support this and send it off.

Then do the same again off this site. Send it to friends asking for their support because it is something you feel strongly about. Even if they don't. Get your family involved. Every e-mail address on your computer should send out a letter expressing your concern.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

I sent a pre-written letter with a copy of the info on HB1845, and the group mailing list, to everyone in my address book. I counted them up and that went out to 89 friends and family members asking for their support.

Come on everyone. Lots of others you can reach out there. Take the time to do it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast