Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Carry permit to legal nonimmigrant

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    He is not entirely limited to hunting. He can purchase a pistol for home defense.

I work occasionally at an gun shop and recently had customer who is an Australian National purchase a Sig M17. He is here for work, similar to the OP. He had a PA DL, his I94 and a PA hunting license. The PICS check was submitted via the online portal and a PICS operator called the shop to verify some info and that the customer had a hunting license in his possession. After confirmation, an approval number was given and the customer went home with his new pistol.

As Mr. Prince has stated, he has clients like the OP, who have been approved for a PA LTCF. I believe the OP should contact him or GunLawyer for further assistance.
    No open carry around neighborhood allowed?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOSFRAGAJR View Post
    No open carry around neighborhood allowed?
    Not at this time. Governor Wolf keeps enacting and extending "State of Emergency" declarations, which greatly restricts Open Carry. Only people with an LTCF may Open Carry during a State of Emergency.

(Northampton County)

Not at this time. Governor Wolf keeps enacting and extending "State of Emergency" declarations, which greatly restricts Open Carry. Only people with an LTCF may Open Carry during a State of Emergency.
    I do understand it because of what just happened. I mean after situation becomes normal. Carrying my hunting license, if I can for example walk until my friend’s house open carry.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOSFRAGAJR View Post
    I do understand it because of what just happened. I mean after situation becomes normal. Carrying my hunting license, if I can for example walk until my friend’s house open carry.
    It's not because of what just happened. While he has declared them for significant weather events, disasters, etc, Governor Wolf has also declared a State of Emergency for "the opioid crisis." He also tends to extend them far after the storm is over and cleanup is well underway or complete. While he says it isn't meant to restrict your rights, it does.

I have no knowledge regarding the subject of OC with a hunting license.

I again advise you to contact a lawyer knowledgeable in firearms law to help you better understand the laws and for assistance with your situation.

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

I believe the OP should contact him or GunLawyer for further assistance.
    I 2nd this. Get in touch with a lawyer who specializes in gun law, they'll be able to give you an actual answer.

(Venango County)

Universal Citation: 18 PA Cons Stat § 6107 (2017)
    § 6107. Prohibited conduct during emergency.
    (a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:

(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

(b) Seizure, taking and confiscation.--Except as otherwise provided under subsection (a) and notwithstanding the provisions of 35 Pa.C.S. Ch. 73 (relating to Commonwealth services) or any other provision of law to the contrary, no firearm, accessory or ammunition may be seized, taken or confiscated during an emergency unless the seizure, taking or confiscation would be authorized absent the emergency.

(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Accessory." Any scope, sight, bipod, sling, light, magazine, clip or other related item that is attached to or necessary for the operation of a firearm.

"Firearm." The term includes any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any weapon.

(June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days; Oct. 17, 2008, P.L.1628, No.131, eff. 60 days)
    Does this mean no long arms (and handguns or receivers) allowed outside of your property while in a State of Emergency?

I always told people to get their LTCF even if they don't plan to carry now. During an emergency when you likely will need to be armed, you cannot unless you have a LTCF. There are other bennies, too. Wolf or any governor should cease abusing emergency powers!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456