Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carry permit to legal nonimmigrant

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOSFRAGAJR View Post
    That is my point. I reviewed carefully the application form and says nothing about green card. Like you said, if you’re not a citizen need to provide an alien number or I-94#. In my case I do have this I-94#, drivers license and social security as well proof of residence (bank statements, gas/electricity bill, cable on my name). I tried to argue but the lady who answered me told she couldn’t take my application because on their support documents show that as proof of residence they need the green card. My county is Northampton. I don’t expect to get the license fast once I had experiences buying firearms in Pa and it took longer than a US citizen but not much than 4 hours.
    I believe this is your answer, from the ATF: "May a nonimmigrant alien who has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa possess a firearm or ammunition in the United States?
    An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]"

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...immigrant-visa

So, you can own one for hunting, if you are licensed, but can not buy one for concealed carry. You are limited to hunting.

(Berks County)

One does not need to be a US Citizen or an immigrant alien to obtain an LTCF. I have a client who is a Chinese national, here on a student visa, who obtained his hunting license and has his PA LTCF
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Bucks County)

That is my point. I reviewed carefully the application form and says nothing about green card. Like you said, if you’re not a citizen need to provide an alien number or I-94#. In my case I do have this I-94#, drivers license and social security as well proof of residence (bank statements, gas/electricity bill, cable on my name). I tried to argue but the lady who answered me told she couldn’t take my application because on their support documents show that as proof of residence they need the green card. My county is Northampton. I don’t expect to get the license fast once I had experiences buying firearms in Pa and it took longer than a US citizen but not much than 4 hours.
    I have no clue what a alien number or I-94 is...............All I am saying is if you supply ALL of the required and correct info on the LTCF on the application it doesn't matter whet the secretary said. If you qualify under Pa laws and the sheriff denies you (which sounds likely first time around) you can take it up with a lawyer if you really want a LTCF. Just like getting a LTCF in Philadelphia.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    One does not need to be a US Citizen or an immigrant alien to obtain an LTCF. I have a client who is a Chinese national, here on a student visa, who obtained his hunting license and has his PA LTCF
    Which legal argument should I present to them?

(Bucks County)

Which legal argument should I present to them?
    Present to who? The secretary? Make sure you comply exactly with all of the written requirements on the application. Then if (when?) you are denied hire a lawyer to appeal. The lawyer will make the legal argument.

Sounds like this sheriff might give you a hassle but what you are doing should be legal. Sucks but you might have to pay for your right.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Present to who? The secretary? Make sure you comply exactly with all of the written requirements on the application. Then if (when?) you are denied hire a lawyer to appeal. The lawyer will make the legal argument.

Sounds like this sheriff might give you a hassle but what you are doing should be legal. Sucks but you might have to pay for your right.
    I was able to provide all information required on the application but the secretary told me that couldn’t take it because to her shows as required as proof of residence the green card and bill statements. I did argue that on the application form says nothing about green card but asks the I-94 if you’re not a citizen but had no success on this mission. Unfortunately I had to back home silent. I am wondering about going at a state police office and get more information.

(Bucks County)

I was able to provide all information required on the application but the secretary told me that couldn’t take it because to her shows as required as proof of residence the green card and bill statements. I did argue that on the application form says nothing about green card but asks the I-94 if you’re not a citizen but had no success on this mission. Unfortunately I had to back home silent. I am wondering about going at a state police office and get more information.
    If you did everything correct and they still wouldn't accept it.............now is the time to talk with a lawyer who specializes in firearms.

(Bucks County)

Do you ultimately intend to become a U.S. citizen?
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Do you ultimately intend to become a U.S. citizen?
    That has no bearing whatsoever to the matter at hand.

What exactly is a legal nonimmigrant?

Sounds ike a touchy-feely made-up liberal term for illegal alien.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast