Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Carry permit to legal nonimmigrant

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    Sorry, no. A resident alien, a person with a green card, can get a LTCF in Pennsylvania. My wife has a green card, and has her LTCF in PA. You do have to show more information than a citizen though, she needed to produce three months of a utility bill, with her name on them, showing her address in the county. She also was not able to get it the same day, as the background check takes longer.

This is from Allegheny County's website regarding LTCFs: "Q: I am not a U.S. Citizen, but I am a resident of Allegheny County. Can I still obtain a License to Carry?
    A: Yes. However, the process of conducting the background check is much more involved for non-U.S. Citizens. Please realize that we must work with the F.B.I., as well as your country of origin. You WILL NOT receive your license the same day that you apply. Additionally, you must provide three consecutive months of the same utility bill or bank statement. You will be notified by mail of your denial or approval as quickly as we can determine it."
    The day I got my LTCF in Bucks, I waited while they ran down the green card holder's PICTS using his DL number after the SSN and Green card numbers failed to work. Third try was the one and he came back and they issued his LTCF. Took all of ten minutes longer than mine. Issued onthe spot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    The day I got my LTCF in Bucks, I waited while they ran down the green card holder's PICTS using his DL number after the SSN and Green card numbers failed to work. Third try was the one and he came back and they issued his LTCF. Took all of ten minutes longer than mine. Issued onthe spot.
    Yeah, in Allegheny County, the won't do it in one day though, still, she got her card in the mail in less than five days. Interestingly, her approval comes back quicker than mine sometimes when purchasing a gun.

Do you know Carlos Danger?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    You're not a citizen. No carry. You have all this and a home that would qualify you for a green card according to you but yet don't have it. Hmmm what ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    What you mean?

(Bucks County)

Here is the Pa LTCF application. There is nothing on it saying you need to be a citizen. There is one question about being a citizen and if you answer no you need to put your alien registration number or I-94. Do everything they ask and be prepared for a delay but it seems you have a good chance depending on your county.

There is no federal requirement to be a citizen to own a firearm either. You just can't be an illegal immigrant.

https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCen...4-127-10-2012-

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    No. He's probably a Gallego, not a NYC libtard Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOSFRAGAJR View Post
    What you mean?
    Just a joke.

AFAIK your question has been answered. You need a green card.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    No. He's probably a Gallego, not a NYC libtard Jew.
    He identifies as Carlos (or did) that's good enough for me.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Here is the Pa LTCF application. There is nothing on it saying you need to be a citizen. There is one question about being a citizen and if you answer no you need to put your alien registration number or I-94. Do everything they ask and be prepared for a delay but it seems you have a good chance depending on your county.

There is no federal requirement to be a citizen to own a firearm either. You just can't be an illegal immigrant.

https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCen...4-127-10-2012-
    That is my point. I reviewed carefully the application form and says nothing about green card. Like you said, if you’re not a citizen need to provide an alien number or I-94#. In my case I do have this I-94#, drivers license and social security as well proof of residence (bank statements, gas/electricity bill, cable on my name). I tried to argue but the lady who answered me told she couldn’t take my application because on their support documents show that as proof of residence they need the green card. My county is Northampton. I don’t expect to get the license fast once I had experiences buying firearms in Pa and it took longer than a US citizen but not much than 4 hours.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOSFRAGAJR View Post
    That is my point. I reviewed carefully the application form and says nothing about green card. Like you said, if you’re not a citizen need to provide an alien number or I-94#. In my case I do have this I-94#, drivers license and social security as well proof of residence (bank statements, gas/electricity bill, cable on my name). I tried to argue but the lady who answered me told she couldn’t take my application because on their support documents show that as proof of residence they need the green card. My county is Northampton. I don’t expect to get the license fast once I had experiences buying firearms in Pa and it took longer than a US citizen but not much than 4 hours.
    What is your country of origin?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast