Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Mitch McConnell Calls for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Cuts After Passing

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    While I will be the 1st to agree that it wasn't meant to sustain generations of families on welfare, millions of people for 35 to 40 years, as well as the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of fraud, there are some legitimate cases where life doesn't go as planned and your flat on your ass. It's looking like at 41 years old I'm going to be living proof of that having been diagnosed earlier this week with a rare incurable disease that only 1 out of 1 million get. I have two young kids a wife and a great job that I will most likely will never return to. My plans for retirement and those funds will no longer have the chance to mature or be added to. I'm not looking forward to any help from the Fed's or the state but my options aren't looking to good right now. I'm far from and dead beat or a leach and I won't be sitting on my ass until I can't walk but unfortunately that's no longer my choice and will happen when it wants to.
    Australia recognized the financial disaster coming from government funded retirement back in the 1980's and adopted "superannuation" in 1992. I think it's partly why Australia is reasonably well off and we are $20 Trillion in debt. Instead of paying a social security tax where the money goes to the government into the general fund to be spent, employers make a mandatory contribution into your "super fund". The employee can also make contributions themselves into the fund. Inside of the superannuation funds you can pick from about 7000 different investments.

For those that reach retirement age with financial issues there is also a means tested old age pension. There are varying rules for that depending on your assets, other income and your superannuation funds, but no one goes hungry.

I think it's what we need to start looking at for the future because giving the money to the government doesn't work.

Default Re: Mitch McConnell Calls for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid Cuts After Passing

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Australia recognized the financial disaster coming from government funded retirement back in the 1980's and adopted "superannuation" in 1992. I think it's partly why Australia is reasonably well off and we are $20 Trillion in debt. Instead of paying a social security tax where the money goes to the government into the general fund to be spent, employers make a mandatory contribution into your "super fund". The employee can also make contributions themselves into the fund. Inside of the superannuation funds you can pick from about 7000 different investments.

For those that reach retirement age with financial issues there is also a means tested old age pension. There are varying rules for that depending on your assets, other income and your superannuation funds, but no one goes hungry.

I think it's what we need to start looking at for the future because giving the money to the government doesn't work.
    Can't argue with that logic especially the stupidity of giving your Monty to the government and believing they are going to do the right thing with it.

(Bucks County)

Itís been political suicide to even talk abou a fix to the imbalance between inflows and outflows. Nothing will be done until a crisis is imminent. Then everything willl be on the table: social security, Medicare, government pensions and benefits, taxes, and a wealth tax. Everyone will have to take a bite of the shit sandwich, and the fighting, arguing, lobbying, and rioting willl be over who takes the biggest bite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123