Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile HERITAGE REVOLVERS

Info on functioning and accuracy on the 22lr/22mag revolvers particulary 3.5 inch barrel birdsheads model ?

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: HERITAGE REVOLVERS

Haven't shot that particular model but have rough rider model shot well for what they are cool looking revolver the birdstal looks a little sexier

(Bucks County)

Default Re: HERITAGE REVOLVERS

I was never impressed by their aluminum framed versions, but I know they make some steel framed rimfires, but I've yet to see one. I've handled some of their bigger bore revolvers and they were pretty decent. Fwiw, I picked up a uberti 6 shot that is leaps and bounds nicer than the heritage aluminum models imo.

(Clearfield County)

My dad has had one since I was a kid, worked for a couple decades until something fucked up in the frame and the barrel came loose, they fixed it for free.

I've fired a few of the Heritage .22s. Accuracy seemed good. You get what you pay for so "good" accuracy is acceptable for a sub $200 revolver. I haven't priced the .22/.22 mag combos recently but the straight .22s are on sale all the time for $99

(Jefferson County)

The one I looked at once could fit a credit card between the cylinder and forcing cone. ....haven't looked at another since.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

I have one, I paid $120 out the door new, I could not resist, some of them had crown problems, and its defiantly old school compared to todays CNC and superior fit of most firearms, if you were around for 80's firearms and were fine with them you will be just fine. I never had a problem with mine, your should not dry fire them, and understand how a single action works. A Barrel full of fun for the price, I would suggest putting some color on the front sights, may have to tweak the front to your licking, have to image original single actions guns were the same. Mine is pretty accurate, but its not drilling the same hole over and over gain, and I would not compete with it if thats what your asking but grouping is not an issue.

My wife has a pair of 3.75" birdshead. Pretty sure they're steel because they weigh as much, if not more than the pair of .38 Lightning revolvers she uses for SASS. So far they've been great. Only thing I don't like about them is the stupid safety, but they are a good training tool, otherwise. Accuracy is decent, trigger pull is acceptable. They're a lot less expensive than a Ruger Shopkeeper, though maybe not as refined. Worth the money if you're looking for a fun little plinker or if you have a child that you want to get into SASS.
    Last edited by Ronin; October 18th, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

(Montgomery County)

For the money I'd certainly recommend them. You hear mostly good reviews

(Bucks County)

I got a Heritage Rough Rider at a gun show for $139 OTD, then sent for the .22 magnum cylinder for 30 bucks which came pretty quickly.

The magnum rounds are more accurate than the .22LRs, as expected.

There are some loose tolerances that I figured will work in rimfire calibers. I wouldn't accept them in centerfire.

Cylinder-to-barrel gap is .015" in .22LR with end shake present. I shimmed it to lessen the shake. I super-glued a piece of sheet aluminum on the recoil shield to send the magnum cylinder forward, producing a cylinder to barrel gap of .004".

Fun to shoot, acceptable accuracy for what it is. Paint on the aluminum is a bit fragile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast