Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Game Warden Issue at Shooting Range

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    Soon you will have your hunting license on your phone , already happened with car reg. and insurance info . must be accepted by the po po and inspection mechanics .
    How are the tags going to work then?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Staple your phone the deer's ear.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Apparently you use the state's app to report your harvest, and you get a confirmation number.
    Seems a bit confusing.
    https://huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/hunting-...k-your-harvest

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    File this under PGC SNAFU.

What I find odd is everyone with NFA toys (that I know of, myself included) carries around copies of their paperwork.
    One would think that paperwork would be a little more serious than anything else.
    NFA stuff is a bit different, the only people you have to show the stamp to are the ATF

(Chester County)

Thanks for all the opinions. My problem is I thought if guys were Wardens they were outdoorsmen and would use a little common sense. Guess I screwed the pooch on that assessment. As people have stated-my bad.

The warden was on a power trip. I found out he is a deputy warden (volunteer) btw.

Earlier in the day he told the guy next to me on the range he could have him arrested for parking in a spot that has parking bolsters, is unmarked as to not being able to park there, but partially blocks a gate. A couple years ago he told me he would ticket me and have me towed if I didn't move my car from the same spot, and I was the only one at the range.

The guy is working out his issues on PA sportsmen. Kind of feel sorry for him.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    Soon you will have your hunting license on your phone , already happened with car reg. and insurance info . must be accepted by the po po and inspection mechanics .
    I agree. I also have had train tickets, plane tickets, movie tickets and rental agreements on my phone. I hope the battery doesn’t die when I need it most.

Quote Originally Posted by stevel610 View Post
    So this afternoon I was at a Game Commission Range. I was there about 1.5 hours and the Game Warden came in checking licenses. I carry a copy of mine in my shooting bag and the original with my hunting equipment (not with me). I showed him the copy of the valid license. The Warden said it wasn't good enough. I explained it has all the info including current year and CID #. He asked for my Driver's License which I showed him. He said I had to leave since I didn't have the original. I went through the discussion how he has all the information to show I have a license and can shoot there. He said I had to go. I asked if there was any doubt in his mind I had a valid license to which he replied "no", then asked if he was still kicking me off the range which he said "Yes". I packed up and left.

Looking for opinions.
    He is an asshole. That's my opinion. He didn't fine you since you have a license. He could make you leave since he is in a position of power. Those guys piss me off. They come in and count how many rounds you shoot before a reload but could care less if some idiot points a gun at you.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    who was being a dick?

§ 135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.
    (a) General provisions. In addition to § 135.2 (relating to unlawful actions) and except as provided in § 135.182 (relating to ranges, State Game Lands No. 176), the following pertain to lands under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction designated as rifle or handgun ranges:

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:

(8) Load or discharge a firearm or use a range facility for any reason without possessing a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit signed by its holder. This prohibition does not apply to persons 15 years of age or younger or up to one person accompanying another person in possession of a valid Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license or a Commission-issued range permit.

https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/0.../s135.181.html
    He does possess a license. It was signed and a copy was in his possession. The Warden could have typed in the CID number and confirmed it if he really thought someone would go the the trouble to counterfeit one. It's just a range visit. He wasn't hunting. Comparing this to a driver's license or CCW is crazy. It's more like a membership card to the range. He could have just advised to bring the original next time since you could see the OP's intent was to follow the rules. My conclusion: Warden was a dick.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Got checked by the WCO and his sidekick at the Suscon Range today. Everyone had their hunting license.

As for a drivers license, the law says you will have it with you when operating a vehicle. That means when you are driving, you are supposed to have it.....not a copy.....on your person. You also need to show it to the officer when he asks for it. There is even a requirement that the officer can have you sign your name in his presence.

But, the law also says you can’t be found guilty if cited, if you show up with it at the magistrate within 15 days, or if he gives you a written warning, you bring it to the police station.

If I can verify you have a DL.....I won’t issue a citation or warning, unless there is something more going on. If I have my MDT up and running, I can pull up your picture to help verify your identity. At this time, it’s pointless for me to issue a citation or written warning unless, as I said, something else is going on.

Last year, the WCO checked on people at the same range I was at today. They did not have their hunting license, but the WCO was able to verify that they did have a valid hunting license through their system. I overheard him say to make sure they had it with them next time.
    When did the dl law change.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Carbon County)

But, but, but he broke the law!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast