Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default AK underfolder strait vs angled stock.

I am thinking of adding a underfolding AKM to the family and I have only fired a strait underfolder variant like the Yugo M70 AB2 which I liked a lot more then I thought I would. I'm seeing that a new batch of WASR UF models recently cam into the country and they have the angled folding stocks and I'm thinking they would be more ergonomic especially with faster sight alignment. Not having ever handled or fired one I could be way off since I have been wrong in the past from time to time.

Anyone have an opinion on this either way?

Late note: I have three other AKM rifles in standard stock configurations Chinese MAK 90 in pre ban furniture, Hungarian parts kit build from DDI with Magpul furniture, and a newly acquired WASR 10/63 in Romey G drag.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AK underfolder strait vs angled stock.

I have 2 underfolders. They are not as comfortable as a standard stock or a triangular folder, but with practice you can do well with them.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter2 View Post
    I have 2 underfolders. They are not as comfortable as a standard stock or a triangular folder, but with practice you can do well with them.
    I feel the same. I have a side folder and it will smack you in the face if held wrong. You learn quick.

(Monroe County)

many many many moons ago I got a 56-1 with the angle because I shoot tarded left eye dom/rt handed and I could lean over the stock and use my left eye. Now shooting correctly it rides nice and low in the shoulder with little head lean.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff