Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Week 3: Bowinging and In-Line Muzzel loader. What did you see, how did it go?

My good buddy put down a COW sized doe in the Hershey Area last night with his in-line. Perfect double lung shot easy blood track and doe was found about 70 yards from where he shot it. I was with my 10 year old daughter in a ground blind across town. She had her Mentored Youth tag and her crossbow. We had a fawn come in at 10 yards and then a BIG momma doe ato about 40, so we at least had some excitement and after the fawn walked by she said...I didn't realize one year old fawns were so big. Her excitement was amazing. Then when my buddy texted me she said she wanted to see the blood trail and so she got to be a full participant in a blood track, find, tag, drag, and field dress. She thanked me about 100 times for taking her. I also thanked her for coming. My absolute favorite day hunting so far in my life!

(Adams County)

Default Re: Week 3: Bowinging and In-Line Muzzel loader. What did you see, how did it go?

I was about 5 min from calling it quits Sat even when I hear something coming up behind me in the stand, first I thought nother squirrel, then I heard a stick break. Slow canted my head back to see what look like horns between the foliage. Just waited about 5 min until I got a decent look, 4 point with a decent body but hes keeping a tree between me and him, he wonders off farther into that section of woods which is weird as my stands 25 yards from a cut threw path, so I decide to move around into a better position while hes out of sight. About 5 min later he comes back, then stops just on the fringe of the path. Too many tree branches in the way had it been the muzzle loader would have been fine. By this time its after 6:30 and getting dark, I like to be out of the stand by then, gave him another 5 min but he just would not come out. That would have been the closest archery shoot I ever took-well any shoot really at 20 yrds if he just stepped a touch more.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Week 3: Bowinging and In-Line Muzzel loader. What did you see, how did it go?

I'm not a muzzler but did have a forkhorn come by about 930 is morning.
    At 40, I thought this would be my 2b archery doe.
    Instead, it was a pleasure to see something.

I've not seen this guy on my cams before.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

3 doe ran past at first light, and a bunch of turkeys.

Took my doe, and i'm waiting for (hopefully) a nice trophy. Been pretty lucky the past few years, so I'm just going to wait.

(Lancaster County)

Going out tmmr to bow hunt, have two large bucks on my cam and a few does

Hope to see something tmmr
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Montgomery County)

It is the early Muzzleloader season, not In-line Muzzleloader season.
    Matchlock, Wheellock, Flintlock, Percussion Cap, In-Line. Does not matter how it’s ignited as long as it loads from the front.

I’ll be out with my flint later this week.

(Berks County)

Passed on an 16 pointer yesterday afternoon, waiting for the big one to come by!!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Passed on an 16 pointer yesterday afternoon, waiting for the big one to come by!!

I don't agree 100 percent with this, but put myself in a combo of 4 and 5. I am only hunting deer with a pistol this year as opposed to taking a rifle. Other than that, I fall into the 5th category. Enjoy

https://1source.basspro.com/index.ph...ch-one-are-you

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    It is the early Muzzleloader season, not In-line Muzzleloader season.
    Matchlock, Wheellock, Flintlock, Percussion Cap, In-Line. Does not matter how it’s ignited as long as it loads from the front.

I’ll be out with my flint later this week.
    What make and caliber flint lock??

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    What make and caliber flint lock??
    .50 cal Hawken style.
    Make is unknown. Probably an old Cabellas kit, judging by the trigger guard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast