Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Ridiculous Regulations

I own several high end automatic knives; but, from what I understand, I cannot carry them legally. Bad cervical disks have cause numbness in my fingers; so I do carry a small Hubertus lever lock with a 2 inch blade. Not legal for me to carry this tiny pocket knife; but I can carry a double bladed ax or a 2 foot machete. Go figure that one. I can also carry my .45

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Ridiculous Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth33 View Post
    I can also carry my .45
    Only if you pay the crown first, and they grant you permission.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Only if you pay the crown first, and they grant you permission.
    If I had criminal intentions, wouldn't I simply locate an illegal - stolen firearm? The only paperwork is handing over the cash in some back alley.

(Bucks County)

Dint think Frackville has alleys. Jus kidddin....

So, are you saying Frackville or Pennsylvania has ordinance/law prohibiting mechanically assisted knives? Come to think of it, never saw a mechanically assisted machete or ax.
    Last edited by Bang; October 14th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

(Bucks County)

Local gun law attempts are preempted by Commonwealth law. Does the same apply to Philadelphia's knife laws? From what I understand, carrying the folding pen knife I have carried since age 10 is illegal in Philly.

(Chester County)

Knife laws are whatever the Police and DA say they are, you can hash it out in front of leftist dickhead PA Judge if they arrest for carrying a knife. In PA according to printed and passed laws by the Legislature and signed by the Governor automatic knives are illegal to be carried in the state. Mechanically assisted knives are not included in those words but if they want to make an example out of you and make you spend your life's savings to defend yourself they can call an assisted opening knife "automatic" just to put you through the wringer. In Philadelphia knives that are carried have to be a part of your job or whatever else they choose to specify at the moment of arrest. If you're going to carry a knife in PA don't appear to commit any crimes or be an enemy of the local DA or police force. Knife laws are specifically designed to be vague so as to be a catch all when they need to use something to charge you with a crime. Totally unconstitutional but when has that ever mattered? If the police officer takes your knife and holds it across his palm and the blade is longer than that you're screwed, the arresting officer has it out for you.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth33 View Post
    The only paperwork is handing over the cash in some back alley.
    If I'm going the criminal route, I'm going to steal one, not buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Knife laws are whatever the Police and DA say they are, you can hash it out in front of leftist dickhead PA Judge if they arrest for carrying a knife. In PA according to printed and passed laws by the Legislature and signed by the Governor automatic knives are illegal to be carried in the state. Mechanically assisted knives are not included in those words but if they want to make an example out of you and make you spend your life's savings to defend yourself they can call an assisted opening knife "automatic" just to put you through the wringer. In Philadelphia knives that are carried have to be a part of your job or whatever else they choose to specify at the moment of arrest. If you're going to carry a knife in PA don't appear to commit any crimes or be an enemy of the local DA or police force. Knife laws are specifically designed to be vague so as to be a catch all when they need to use something to charge you with a crime. Totally unconstitutional but when has that ever mattered? If the police officer takes your knife and holds it across his palm and the blade is longer than that you're screwed, the arresting officer has it out for you.
    Can you point to any example where someone outside the city of Philadelphia was arrested for possessing an assisted opening knife or one that was longer than someone's palm? I'm not talking about in addition to threatening someone with the knife...just those incidents.

(Susquehanna County)

How about one of those cheap Chinese made knives that can be opened using just your thumb on a button on the blade? I have been carrying one for almost 20 years (I've been trying to lose it for the past 10). It opens very easily with relatively little effort. Requires only one hand and has no spring assist mechanism. Big advantage too being cheap you're not heart-broken if they do get lost or break. Maybe something like the Spiyderco with the simple opening hole.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Franklin County)

Any time a Police Chief says this, then the law is shit, or he should be removed from his position:

“There’s no way to say this is always legal or this is always illegal,” West York Police Chief Matthew Millsaps said
    https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...-pa/818117002/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast