Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default FOAC volunteers needed to be ready to go to Harrisburg Mon-Wed Oct 15,16,17

-
    FOAC volunteers needed to be ready to go to Harrisburg Mon-Wed Oct 15,16,17

As many of you are aware, the Republican leadership in the Pennsylvania Legislature recently pushed and passed anti gun bill HB2060.
    There are also several other anti gun bills currently in various stages of the PA legislative process.
    Banning all LTCF's from having a loaded gun in a vehicle is just one of the many anti gun bills currently being pushed in the PA Legislature.

The recent shift towards the support of gun control by the PA Republican leadership is a direct result of the pressure by Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists in Harrisburg.
    Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists are now a constant presence in the Capitol and they are intimidating Republican legislators in their offices every day.
    Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists are also constantly present in the legislative spectator galleries to vocally intimidate legislators during gun control votes.

We all need to keep calling, emailing, tweeting, and writing our elected representatives in Harrisburg to oppose anti gun bills.
    But those traditional methods of communication are now being outmaneuvered by the constant physical presence of Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists in Harrisburg.
    Written communication is not nearly as effective as the daily face to face pressure being applied by Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists.

I am working on plans to keep a constant 2A presence in Harrisburg next session to counter the permanent presence of Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists .
    The PA Legislature is only in session for about 60 days per year, so keeping a constant 2A presence in the Capitol during that time is realistic and possible.
    More information on that effort will follow shortly, and its success or failure will depend entirely on your support.

But in the short term we need to counter Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists, and prevent more anti gun bills from passing during the final days of the current PA legislative session.
    There are only 5 days left in the current PA legislative session, Oct 15, 16, 17, and Nov 13, 14.

We need 2A volunteers that are willing to go to Harrisburg to counter Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists for the remaining days of the current PA legislative session.
    If no more gun control bills are being pushed through the PA Legislature at this time then a trip to Harrisburg by 2A volunteers will not be needed.
    But if the PA Legislature starts pushing more gun control bills then we will need 2A volunteers to attend the remaining days of the current PA legislative session.

This is not the annual 2A rally in Harrisburg.
    This is a specific and directed move to counter the unopposed daily anti gun message by Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists in Harrisburg.

What you can do to help:

If you are able to volunteer to be in Harrisburg on any or all of Oct 15, 16, 17, and Nov 13, 14, then we need your help.
    We need to line up 10 or more volunteers to be ready to go to Harrisburg to counter Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists.

The FOAC is watching what is going on in Harrisburg very closely.
    If no more gun control is being pushed during this legislative session, then we will not need 2A volunteers in Harrisburg this week.
    If more gun control is being pushed during this legislative session, then the FOAC will ask our 2A volunteers to immediately attend the last days of the PA legislative session.
    The FOAC will provide guidance and direction to maximize the effectiveness of our 2A volunteers while in Harrisburg.

If you want to help protect the 2A in Pennsylvania now is the time you can make a difference.
    Help us counter Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists during the final days of the current PA legislative session.
    Please add yourself to the list of 2A people ready to go to Harrisburg this week if needed by the FOAC.

If you are able to volunteer to be in Harrisburg on any or all of Oct 15, 16, 17, and Nov 13, 14, please leave a message in this thread or message me directly.
    If you already posted your availability to help in another thread, please post again in this thread or message me directly.
    I will follow up with everyone that volunteers to help us protect the 2A in Pennsylvania.

Now is the time people.
    Let's just get it done.
    Thank you very much.
    Bern-

Berncly Private Message Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=30334
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FOAC volunteers needed to be ready to go to Harrisburg Mon-Wed Oct 15,16,17

I should be available in November... Please let me know details.

Default Re: FOAC volunteers needed to be ready to go to Harrisburg Mon-Wed Oct 15,16,17

Sorry, I would have prepared for a trip to Harrisburg but this message is on very short notice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I should be available in November... Please let me know details.
    PM on the way.
    Thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Sorry, I would have prepared for a trip to Harrisburg but this message is on very short notice.
    Yes, it was unavoidable.
    Things are moving very quickly in Harrisburg by design, to prevent the 2A community from having time to organize and respond.

In the short term we may need to go to Harrisburg this week or in November.
    But starting next session I am trying to set up plans ahead of time to organize a constant 2A presence in the Capitol.

There are only 60 legislative session days per year that need to be rotated by a group of 2A volunteers.
    The more of us that get involved, the fewer amount of days per year will be needed per volunteer.
    30 volunteers would translate to 2 days a year per person, 60 volunteers would translate to 1 day a year per person, and so on.

Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists are currently influencing the legislators unopposed on a daily basis.
    Our remote 2A correspondence is being outmaneuvered by the daily face to face presence of Bloomberg's gun ban lobbyists.

HB2060 was just the beginning of a long list of proposed anti gun bills in Harrisburg.
    If we don't organize ourselves to counter the daily personal influence of Bloomberg's lobbyists, we will continue to lose the 2A in PA one anti gun law at a time.

If you want to be part of the Harrisburg 2A volunteer lobby effort next session I can add you to the list.
    Bern-

(Adams County)

I might be able to do 16th if absoulutely necessary, 17th would be easier.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    I might be able to do 16th if absoulutely necessary, 17th would be easier.
    PM on the way.
    Thank you.

(Wayne County)

I should be able to hit the hallways in November, keep the info coming Bern

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I should be able to hit the hallways in November, keep the info coming Bern
    Will do.
    PM on the way.
    Thank you.

(Montgomery County)

The PA Legislature just altered the calendar and added Nov 12 to the current session schedule.
    So the remaining days in the legislative session are Tue-Wed, Oct 16, 17, and Mon-Wed, Nov 12, 13, 14.
    This indicates that they want time to do stuff after the election when they are free to do what they want without immediate pressure.
    People that are stepping down are untouchable, people voted out will be untouchable, people that already won re-election will have no immediate election concerns.
    It's a bad sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast