Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    The Firestar plus mags held 13 and had an alloy frame that didn't really match the starvel finish slides.

    I've seen F+ .40 mags for sale but have never seen an actual .40 gun.

    I I bought a bunch of factory mags from CDNN almost 20 years ago when they bought out Interarms' old stock.
    Thanks, I forgot how many they held. I missed the boat on mags. I have 3 factory and 3 promags for mine right now. They all function well, but I just don't trust the promags for carry.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The M&P Shield in .45 solves all your problems but doesn't offer much over the 9mm except less capacity. If you have to go wheel gun .357 craps on .44 special all day especially with self defense rounds and you get a ton more brand options then the hit or miss Charter Arms.
    Personally, I think I'd consider the S&W M69 over the bulldog and just run the specials in it, if he's set on that caliber. You always have the option to use 44mag also then, which is way more common to come by.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    3,855
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Thanks, I forgot how many they held. I missed the boat on mags. I have 3 factory and 3 promags for mine right now. They all function well, but I just don't trust the promags for carry.
    Honestly, the Promags seem to fit better than the factory ones do.

    As much as Promags suck donkey balls, they work great in the Firestar single stacks.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Honestly, the Promags seem to fit better than the factory ones do.

    As much as Promags suck donkey balls, they work great in the Firestar single stacks.
    They seem to work well in mine. I like that they have a pinky extension on them too. I've just been burned by other promag products in the past. Great range mags for me. I'll stick with the factory ones for carry.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    3,855
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    They seem to work well in mine. I like that they have a pinky extension on them too. I've just been burned by other promag products in the past. Great range mags for me. I'll stick with the factory ones for carry.
    I have the factory extended mags too.


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Anyone Own A Firestar .45

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I have the factory extended mags too.

    I had one and lost it somewhere.

    They are hard to find now and cost a mint when you do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Firestar!!
    By mookinator1313 in forum Gun Pictures
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 4th, 2012, 10:58 PM
  2. WTS: Star Firestar M-45
    By novice in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops