Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Check Us Out! (...please!?)

Hey everyone!

So... which of you also tune into any of the many different media outlets out there with our shared passion for firearms!? I figure I'm not the only one who has "gun only" accounts to showcase my hobby and passion!

I use a couple of media outlets, primarily Instagram and Youtube (revamping the channel with better quality videos.). I'd love it if you guys swung by and showed some love and support! But, before you do, I'd love to tell you I do on each of the platforms!

I'll start with the platform that I'm sure most of us use and are familiar with since it is used to diagnose gun issues, see reviews, or just watch someone shoot a bunch of guns; YouTube. My name on there is The Average Shooter (like my name on here). The link is:http://youtube.com/theaverageshooter and I'd love it if you guys and gals give us a follow. We are a team of five, most of us are in the Army or were, specifically the 82nd Airborne Division. Of the five of us, we have a lefty (to give reviews from a lefty's perspective) who is going to college in Charlotte for film and cinematography, my brother in law who deals with alarms and security systems (gets to see all the crazy camera footage Police usually request which makes for building scenarios a little easier), one who works in a gun shop, and myself, a certified instructor of North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun classes and NRA Basic Pistol courses. Our channel is built around the idea of "an Average Shooter,' hence the name. We don't feel the need to put on a bunch of "operator" gear to operate in the backyard. We prefer to do run and guns in the clothing we'd be found in if something ever happened. But also, if we do reviews, we'd like them to be the basic stuff a new buyer would want to hear, not all the extra stuff that wouldn't do much other than confuse a new guy or girl to the gun industry. We are doing our best to keep our videos family friendly (we have older videos prior to revamping the channel that are generating traffic that may have swearing, but we will eventually delete them over time.), and somewhat pleasant for the eyes. Some videos will be reviews, some might just be montages of shooting. We understand some people just want to see some shooting with little to no talking. We mostly have WWII-era firearms, they are what got us into the hobby in the first place, but you will also see quite a bit of modern stuff as well.

Here's a link to our newest video that we think you might enjoy! Features a Karabiner 98K and a semi-auto ATI MP-40. Even if you're not into video games, it features the guns we feel might be in the game, or should be. We just did this little series to see what kind of engagement it would bring. We only have two videos for now, but as we pull together more WWII-era weapons for the videos, we will try to do more.

And of course, an older video that features the semi-auto Auto Ordnance M1A1 Thompson and Springfield M1 Garand:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62SBEPU0QiA

Next up, Instagram. My name is @TheAverageShooter on there and it's basically just snippets of us shooting, trailers to upcoming videos, and obviously, a massive amount of pictures of everything we own. Feel free to check us out!

Lastly, Facebook. We hate using Facebook for our channel because of their anti-gun crap (yes, we know, Youtube is also like that), but it's easy to push out video updates or even link our Instagram pictures to the page so that people who don't use Instagram can also see the pictures and share them. Our page name is The Average Shooter as well, and the link is: www.facebook.com/theaverageshooter

We will try to do some giveaways when our channel grows a little more, but we'd appreciate any feedback and comment that we can get. If you like what you see, subscribe/follow and tell us! If you don't, tell us! Constructive criticism is all we ask for.

Anyway, I hope to see you all on either of the platforms!
    Instagram: @theaverageshooter

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Check Us Out! (...please!?)

I gave you a sub. I'll check it out later tonight.

My meager channel is Blackcat Outdoors. Just finished up long term review of the Weigand Scope mount system for the Ruger Super Blackhawk. https://youtu.be/3xlXdMatL4Q

I do a lot of firearms content as well as fishing and hunting. Always good to meet another gun channel.

nice, too bad it wasn't weapons of battlefield 1... i love that game

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I gave you a sub. I'll check it out later tonight.

My meager channel is Blackcat Outdoors. Just finished up long term review of the Weigand Scope mount system for the Ruger Super Blackhawk. https://youtu.be/3xlXdMatL4Q

I do a lot of firearms content as well as fishing and hunting. Always good to meet another gun channel.
    I gave you a sub! I have no idea where I'll do videos when I actually move to PA... Being sent to Stroudsburgh...

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    nice, too bad it wasn't weapons of battlefield 1... i love that game
    Battlefield 1 is pretty awesome, but it's hard to come across most of those firearms lol. I do have a C96, but that's about the only gun I own from that time period, lol.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAverageShooter View Post
    I gave you a sub! I have no idea where I'll do videos when I actually move to PA... Being sent to Stroudsburgh...
    Thanks. I'm not sure about the Stroudsburg area, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on decent ranges in the area.

I know quite a few PA YouTube guys. Let me know when you move. Maybe we'll try and do a PA meet up sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure about the Stroudsburg area, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on decent ranges in the area.

I know quite a few PA YouTube guys. Let me know when you move. Maybe we'll try and do a PA meet up sometime.
    I’d be happy to do that!