Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Purchasing Guns At Odd Hours

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Shit... Back when I lived in Tampa FL I purchased a shit ton of gun in parking lots all hours of the day.
    I've gotten a few as well....long guns of course.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

Might be a real person.

You may be able to run the transaction any time you wish, but would need to wait until the PICS goes through for pickup. You know of a 24-hour gun shop?
    No I don't know of any 24 hour gun shop but I am thinking of Black Friday next month after Thanksgiving when Cabela's opens at 5 AM for their Black Friday sale although well before 5 AM outside it will be mobbed. They've got lots of great deals and if you arrive early enough you can get a chance to win sweepstakes. Anyway, we've been over this before about Cabela's not being a good place to buy guns because they're way too expensive. Well, when I go there for Black Friday I might want to pick up a gun that I purchased on the internet. As of now I do most of my firearms purchases on the internet so I was thinking when I go to Cabela's on Black Friday to take advantage of their Black Friday sales on stuff other than guns (and, from time to time Cabela's does even have good deals on guns, on Black Friday who knows?) I might want to pick up a gun that I purchased on the internet, and doors open at 5.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    I'm waiting, with my bowl of popcorn, I'm all eyes!
    See my post #22, you don't have to wait any longer. Hope you're enjoying your popcorn.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    In NJ, I can have a NICS check run during normal hours (not actually present at LGS) and then pick up whenever from dealer within a certain time window.
    You're from NJ? I can't speak for you but you might want to move west of the Delaware, you might like it better there.

(Berks County)

I had one FFL tell me I could go home while having a 2 hr wait for PICS.(F.C.O. Didn't leave: too long of a drive). At another, he said technically I had to stay in his sight. Something about I cold leave and possibly commit a crime. I could've done that on the way in and it wouldn't be in the system. Maybe some FFLs here could clarify.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Some of the form your dealer can probably fill out for you (with your confirmation). But I think he cannot do a good portion of it, especially not the Yes/No questions towards the bottom. And I don't think he should get anything started to PICS until you've signed everything (but IANAL, nor am I an FFL).
    I know my dealer runs the NICs and then the approval number goes on 4473 and state forms, which I fill out once I go to pick up. He verifies my DL/FID and off I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    You're from NJ? I can't speak for you but you might want to move west of the Delaware, you might like it better there.
    I know I would like it better, but ain't no work out there
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Montgomery County)

No I don't know of any 24 hour gun shop but I am thinking of Black Friday next month after Thanksgiving when Cabela's opens at 5 AM for their Black Friday sale although well before 5 AM outside it will be mobbed. They've got lots of great deals and if you arrive early enough you can get a chance to win sweepstakes. Anyway, we've been over this before about Cabela's not being a good place to buy guns because they're way too expensive. Well, when I go there for Black Friday I might want to pick up a gun that I purchased on the internet. As of now I do most of my firearms purchases on the internet so I was thinking when I go to Cabela's on Black Friday to take advantage of their Black Friday sales on stuff other than guns (and, from time to time Cabela's does even have good deals on guns, on Black Friday who knows?) I might want to pick up a gun that I purchased on the internet, and doors open at 5.

Why didn’t you just ask that up front instead of your mysterious reason post? Just to create drama?

I've purchased firearms on black friday, most places you are just putting a hold on the gun and have to return later during regular hours to do the paperwork

(Montgomery County)

If I had to guess, on unusual days, like Black Friday or big gun show weekends, retailers have to notify PSP and the PICS unit will accommodate them. Plus PICS now has website access so a person is not always needed.

(Susquehanna County)

I purchased a Taurus 9mm there once. The kid behind the counter was a veteran and after we talked military bs for a bit he cut me a deal I would have been stupid to say no to.

Done a ton of FTF sales in their parking lot and 3 or 4 FFL paperwork (which I hear they don't even do anymore) there

I am kind of nervous about visiting there again.. kind of like going back to an old neighborhood you have fond memories of and leave all disappointed. I have been hearing nothing good about the store. facilities in need of repairs (elevators, bathrooms, railings etc) hunting and firearms areas REDUCED in size, cammo clothes very limited, bargain cave gone.. place full of "never been on a dirt road" yuppies
    Hell makes me want to cry just thinking about it
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast