Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default HB 2700 Second bill ID to buy Ammo

More horse manure to oppose.

Regular Session 2017-2018
    House Bill 2700

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, providing for identification required for purchase of firearm ammunition.

Prime Sponsor: Representative KIRKLAND

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Oct. 10, 2018 [House]

Memo: Identification for Ammunition Purchases
    See: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2700

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

Default Re: HB 2700 Second bill ID to buy Ammo

And the hits keep on coming...

This is a really pointless bill. Exactly what is it intending to accomplish? Joe Bloe felon could walk into a store and purchase ammunition with an ID- but if that information isn't recorded, and is checking for age restrictions, then this is nothing but an inconvenience to people. I object to this bill. It aims to create problems where none exist.

(Montgomery County)

No they want a FOID Card issued and then they will add weapons to it. I know a thing or two on this I grew up in Massachusetts when they went to Federal Identifacation Owners card you couldn't even buy a BB gun or BBs without it. You would have to go for a background check finger prints picture taken and a Chief of Police interrogation on why you needed a gun in the first place that was back in the mid 1980s God only knows what it's like now! Do we really want this? That's why after I left the USMC I didnt go back to live even turned down a State police job decided in 1998 to live in PA back then it was awesome not so much with the 1994 ban in place but you were free to do most gun stuff. I am seeing this state slowly o e piece of legislation at a time destroy this awesome state. I now believe in a few years I will be moving out to better state to at least give me some more time to own my guns eventually their will be know where to run that's when you gotta make a choice turn them in or hide them.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 31ST MEUSOC View Post
    No they want a FOID Card issued and then they will add weapons to it. I know a thing or two on this I grew up in Massachusetts when they went to Federal Identifacation Owners card you couldn't even buy a BB gun or BBs without it. You would have to go for a background check finger prints picture taken and a Chief of Police interrogation on why you needed a gun in the first place that was back in the mid 1980s God only knows what it's like now! Do we really want this? That's why after I left the USMC I didnt go back to live even turned down a State police job decided in 1998 to live in PA back then it was awesome not so much with the 1994 ban in place but you were free to do most gun stuff. I am seeing this state slowly o e piece of legislation at a time destroy this awesome state. I now believe in a few years I will be moving out to better state to at least give me some more time to own my guns eventually their will be know where to run that's when you gotta make a choice turn them in or hide them.
    No the choice is run and hide or STAND AND FIGHT
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    This is a really pointless bill. Exactly what is it intending to accomplish? Joe Bloe felon could walk into a store and purchase ammunition with an ID- but if that information isn't recorded, and is checking for age restrictions, then this is nothing but an inconvenience to people. I object to this bill. It aims to create problems where none exist.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Montgomery County)

I don't want to be the opposition but when I go to the pro gun rallies it's not enough people I feel let down by the 2A crowd the last rally was fucking stupid me and my neighbor a Vietnam vet had to laugh we looked like a gang of people not a rally . I have given up going to these we do nothing we impact no one they ignore us and I am tired of using my vacation time to fight for others who don't show up it's a joke. If you don't believe me go to one you will see we do t even scratch the surface the other side shows up with 10,000 they look like an Army . If the 2A crowd could pull that in Harrisburg that would show them we mean buisness that many people equal coverage by news blocking traffic causing a nuisance by sheer volume of people. Last I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer this is what's going on plain fact is we are silent emails can be deleted phone calls pushed to answering services showing up 10,000 strong with all voices screaming is priceless but most 2A people will say fuck bumpstocks or I gotta go to work well yeah I get it I do to it I take the time off to physically protest but it's not working not enough people and I am outtakes PTO for lazy people I have stand and fought so all I have left is a waiting game when we lose enough seats in the PA house/Senate to pass anti gun laws then I will move it will be over once a law is in effect they rarely get repealed ESPECIALLY ANTI GUN BILLS.