Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Lycoming County)

Default PA centric gun/outdoor podcast.

I'm talking with another YouTube creator about starting a PA centered firearms podcasts. It would probably be recorded live on YouTube and then put onto other platforms. We're thinking about covering legislation, shows, events, training, etc in PA. Possibly hunting and other outdoor stuff too.

My question to you guys is:
    1. Is this something that would interest you to watch or listen to on say a regular basis.

2. What would you like to see covered/discussed?

We're just throwing ideas around right now, so I just wanted to get a feel from the board here. You guys are definitely in the target audience.

(Berks County)

Default Re: PA centric gun/outdoor podcast.

I do not know enough about those formats to give any advice but posted to subscribe. Yeah, I know of the link thingy.

(Allegheny County)

I don't read the dumb shit you post HERE, so I'm not going to WATCH you talk about it.

Kidding.
    Although I don't really understand "podcasts".
    When I bought my Bravo Concealment holster I kept getting emails with links to the owner's podcasts.
    I clicked on a few, but I really didn't get the whole "Lemma listen to this guy ramble about "topics" while he's sitting at his kitchen table."
    I unsubscribed.

Granted, I'm an old grumpy sonafabitch, so maybe I'm not the target audience anyway.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I do not know enough about those formats to give any advice but posted to subscribe. Yeah, I know of the link thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't read the dumb shit you post HERE, so I'm not going to WATCH you talk about it.

Kidding.
    Although I don't really understand "podcasts".
    When I bought my Bravo Concealment holster I kept getting emails with links to the owner's podcasts.
    I clicked on a few, but I really didn't get the whole "Lemma listen to this guy ramble about "topics" while he's sitting at his kitchen table."
    I unsubscribed.

Granted, I'm an old grumpy sonafabitch, so maybe I'm not the target audience anyway.
    I'm totally different. I sit in my basement, not kitchen.

Doing the live show on YouTube is a little different than a straight up podcast. Doing it that way, viewers can comment live as it's going on and basically join in on the conversation. It makes it a little more interactive for people. Think of it like the old radio shows where you had people call in and ask questions or submit topics.

(Franklin County)

Given the proposed subject matter, do you expect to be monetized? Have you considered an alternate host?

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

I enjoy firearms related podcasts when i'm in the reloading room.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Given the proposed subject matter, do you expect to be monetized? Have you considered an alternate host?

https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/
    I have a channel on UGEtube as well as Gunstreamer and guntube.org. The problem is live streaming isn't possible on those platforms currently. Only YouTube would allow that and then it would have to be ported over to the other sites.

I am not monetized currently and don't plan on even trying it on YouTube. The pittance I would get isn't worth the trouble. If it were to make money at all it would have to be from patreon or direct Support from a company.

We don't plan on really making anything from it to be truthful, especially initially. If it took off for some reason, I'm sure we would try for sponsorship.