Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Is this legal??

(Delaware County)

Default Is this legal??

I live in South East PA and a good friend of mine lives in Northern Delaware.
    We both have LTCF's and we shoot on the same competition team and have done so for years.

I let him use one of my rifles for the competitions but he has to come up to PA to practice now.

Can I legally allow him to take my rifle to Delaware for practice before matches
    so he doesn't have to depend on me to be available when he needs to practice?

Default Re: Is this legal??

Federal law makes it illegal to "for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides;"

"except that this paragraph shall not apply to . . . . the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;"

I have no opinion on Delaware law.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.