Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default FOAC revokes some endorsements

I just got an email from FOAC. It appears they revoked some of their endorsements likely from their vote on HB 2060.

https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

The pro side it shows they are taking a stand. The bad; who else do we vote for?

Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

over here in the 189th it's incumbent brown who looks revoked? Vs two dems in an area innundated by city folk itching to have the city life back... the crime and taxes they fled, they apparently miss.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Good! You are either actively working to restore our rights lost to unconstitutional laws over the years, or you are an anti gunner. Doing nothing and maintaining the status quo is no longer acceptable.

If no suitable candidate exists, fine. At least someone interested in running knows there is an opening in that district.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    . . . who else do we vote for?
    Indeed. Let's all vote for their leftist opponents and give the Democrats even more seats in the legislative branch. That will show those Republican turncoats!

Cynical sarcasm aside, I don't have an answer. The lesser of two evils is to still vote Republican now, but support any future Republican challengers in the primaries.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

If gun owners want to see positive change then we need to come together as a voting block and offer our own candidates in the Republican primaries.
    As of right now we need to play the long game.
    Vote Republican this election to keep the Liberal Democrats from seizing more power, then immediately start working on developing better candidates for the next primary.
    Gun owners need to start being fully engaged in the political process and stop just complaining about the obvious result from their lack of political participation.
    No one is going to protect our interests for us, we need to come together and do it for ourselves.
    Representative democracy only works as intended with a fully engaged constituency.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Indeed. Let's all vote for their leftist opponents and give the Democrats even more seats in the legislative branch. That will show those Republican turncoats!

Cynical sarcasm aside, I don't have an answer. The lesser of two evils is to still vote Republican now, but support any future Republican challengers in the primaries.

Noah
    The problem with that is that it takes a shit ton of money, as Republican Swamp dollars flow to the swamp dwellers (and especially to incumbents who have toed the line). In this county, the swamp also benefits the whisper campaign among big landowners and other donors when they dress up funny and pretend to "hunt" fox on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's not easy to get a swamp drainer onto the primary ballot with the support it takes to win.

For many years we had a Republican rep who voted anti gun but voted right on fiscal and other matters. He retired, and the current guy thinks he has to follow the formula that works. They did some local polling in which questions were too general. "Gun control" sounds good until you get into specifics that affect YOU.

I don't have the answer either. I've mused about voting for 2A or Mikhail Kalashnikov, but common sense will win in the end and I'll once again hold my nose while voting for a candidate I don't like. Maybe the NRA could stop spending money on slick mailings and annoying telemarketers and start spending on some good primary candidates.
    Last edited by Gripsafety; October 8th, 2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

I am not sure it takes all that much money to run. I have watched candidates in WV win on “shoe leather”, hand shakes, and hand written letters. Having a candid conversation with voters on their front porch costs very little and resonates.

Besides, at the very minimum the goal would be to cost the establishment campaign dollars, possibly forcing them to come around on 2A issues.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    Yup, the primaries are where it's at... We as gun owners can also run if we're that fed up. However, we can't even get gun owners to write their politicians and make a phone call a few times a year, but that's another problem that need resolve. Imagine if even 50% of gun owners got involved with simply making calls and sending emails and if 10% showed up for the rallies... Wow, that would make a huge statement. We're our own worst enemy and need to unite against tyranny

(Chester County)

WTF! "No Suitable Candidate" or "Endorsement Revoked" for everyone running in Chester County??? It looks like I will have to vote R as the lesser of two evils but I am so tired of not having someone I can actually want to vote for.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast