Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,747
    Rep Power
    20295203

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    It's a lot of work involved with all of this and we all do it for free. I don't do the grades but I can tell you that he was the prime sponsor of several bills in the senate. That should give a little extra cudos don't you think? We're going to hold their feet to the fire, I can guarantee you that. The immediate task is this election cycle. We had our fund raising gun bash to take care of on the 13th also... The monthly meeting is the second Sunday of each month and it's available online now. Get involved...
    First of all, the state's own site lists 82 bills sponsored by Alloway. It designates him as "Prime sponsor" on seven of those. NONE of those seven have anything to do with gun rights that I can see.

    Secondly, all legislators sponsor all manner of legislation every session. Most of those bills go nowhere, so "sponsoring bills", even ones I agree with, means far less to me than a single vote AGAINST my rights.

    Elected officials swore an oath. The don't get a cookie when the keep it. They WILL catch shit when the don't.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    E-Town, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    1,232
    Rep Power
    3188367

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    First of all, the state's own site lists 82 bills sponsored by Alloway. It designates him as "Prime sponsor" on seven of those. NONE of those seven have anything to do with gun rights that I can see.

    Secondly, all legislators sponsor all manner of legislation every session. Most of those bills go nowhere, so "sponsoring bills", even ones I agree with, means far less to me than a single vote AGAINST my rights.

    Elected officials swore an oath. The don't get a cookie when the keep it. They WILL catch shit when the don't.
    He was the prime sponsor of the preemption bill in the senate last session. Like I said EVERYONE has been busy and there have been deaths in families! Quit your bitching and do SOMETHING...

    Edit to add... I'm guessing Alloway is your senator. Does he know who you are? Will he address you by name when you meet? How about your Rep? You should be on first name basis...
    Last edited by LBaker; October 22nd, 2018 at 07:12 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,747
    Rep Power
    20295203

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    So we went from:
    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    he was the prime sponsor of several bills in the senate.
    To:
    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    He was the prime sponsor of the preemption bill in the senate last session.
    That's a bit of a difference. Got the bill number handy?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Does he know who you are? Will he address you by name when you meet? How about your Rep? You should be on first name basis...
    Oh, absolutely. And I screenshot everything I post on his Facebook, because he's been sliding left on numerous issues, and I'm expecting him to start deleting my criticisms.

    My inquiries are as much about FOAC as they are about individual representatives. If they maintain their endorsement of Alloway, I assure you they'll never see another dime from me. I fear they are just like the Republicans....slowly sliding away from their original absolutist positions, but marketing themselves as "still the best" out there. That don't fly with me.

    And just because what I do doesn't make headlines here, or get passed by FOAC leadership, doesn't mean I'm not active. In my local area, my name and positions are well known (since apparently that's important).
    Last edited by gnbrotz; October 23rd, 2018 at 04:26 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    E-Town, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    1,232
    Rep Power
    3188367

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    It was SB1330. I said several because I believed he might have been behind the castle doctrine enhancement also and didn't have time to look it up at 5 in the morning. It's all there on the FOAC website for the past 3 sessions. I'm not defending Alloway but what are we supposed to do if some of these legislators do good in the next 2 years? Everything will be reevaluated...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,747
    Rep Power
    20295203

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    It was SB1330. I said several because I believed he might have been behind the castle doctrine enhancement also and didn't have time to look it up at 5 in the morning. It's all there on the FOAC website for the past 3 sessions. I'm not defending Alloway but what are we supposed to do if some of these legislators do good in the next 2 years? Everything will be reevaluated...
    SB1330 was submitted during the 2015-2016 regular session. If he's still getting credit for that "good work" 2 years ago, then what's the problem holding him accountable for HB2060 when he's up for reelection in 2020....2 years after his attack on our rights?

    All I expect is equal evaluation and application of whatever the standard is decided to be. His 'wrong' moves should be held against him for the same time period as his 'good' moves are used to justify supporting him.

    "No suitable candidate" is perfectly acceptable when that is indeed the case.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,198
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    My choice is between the lesser of evils, as usual. Better than having dems in there. Fighting a losing battle in montco.
    That's the way reality works; if we held out for perfection in all things, we'd never eat, we'd never own cars or clothing or houses, we'd live alone and die alone.

    Elections are about picking the best choice of the real available choices, not about every voter selecting his own mental clone. It would be great if I could vote for a straight white Christian male who likes SciFi and hates broccoli and thinks that most German porn is disgusting and strongly supports gun rights while finding the LGBT demands to be unreasonable these days but who wants a strong border without ignoring the optics of enforcement and thinks that Roseanne got a raw deal but likes a bigger engine under the hood of his car. And is a fiscal conservative. And reserves the "F-word" for when he needs it. And prefers Chuck Norris to most spectator sports. And likes dogs more than cats. And would happily hire a qualified minority but detests group entitlements.

    Instead, I mostly just vote for the Republicans, because they try to keep taxes lower and they don't brag about banning everything that men enjoy, like guns and meat and working toilets and fast cars.

    We don't get to vote for a menu, it's an A/B binary choice in the general election, so I encourage the purists to fight like hell in the primaries and then rally behind the party that believes Heller was correctly decided in the general election.

    The perfect is the enemy of the best available. We can each contribute to an attainable result, or we can make ourselves irrelevant while other people choose who leads us.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ungawa's M16A1 is for sale, see the NFA ads! http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...06#post3835606

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    74
    Posts
    2,539
    Rep Power
    3316721

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That's the way reality works; if we held out for perfection in all things, we'd never eat, we'd never own cars or clothing or houses, we'd live alone and die alone.

    Elections are about picking the best choice of the real available choices, not about every voter selecting his own mental clone. It would be great if I could vote for a straight white Christian male who likes SciFi and hates broccoli and thinks that most German porn is disgusting and strongly supports gun rights while finding the LGBT demands to be unreasonable these days but who wants a strong border without ignoring the optics of enforcement and thinks that Roseanne got a raw deal but likes a bigger engine under the hood of his car. And is a fiscal conservative. And reserves the "F-word" for when he needs it. And prefers Chuck Norris to most spectator sports. And likes dogs more than cats. And would happily hire a qualified minority but detests group entitlements.

    Instead, I mostly just vote for the Republicans, because they try to keep taxes lower and they don't brag about banning everything that men enjoy, like guns and meat and working toilets and fast cars.

    We don't get to vote for a menu, it's an A/B binary choice in the general election, so I encourage the purists to fight like hell in the primaries and then rally behind the party that believes Heller was correctly decided in the general election.

    The perfect is the enemy of the best available. We can each contribute to an attainable result, or we can make ourselves irrelevant while other people choose who leads us.
    Bravo! Hear, hear!
    USNRET '61-'81

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That's the way reality works; if we held out for perfection in all things, we'd never eat, we'd never own cars or clothing or houses, we'd live alone and die alone.

    Elections are about picking the best choice of the real available choices, not about every voter selecting his own mental clone. It would be great if I could vote for a straight white Christian male who likes SciFi and hates broccoli and thinks that most German porn is disgusting and strongly supports gun rights while finding the LGBT demands to be unreasonable these days but who wants a strong border without ignoring the optics of enforcement and thinks that Roseanne got a raw deal but likes a bigger engine under the hood of his car. And is a fiscal conservative. And reserves the "F-word" for when he needs it. And prefers Chuck Norris to most spectator sports. And likes dogs more than cats. And would happily hire a qualified minority but detests group entitlements.

    Instead, I mostly just vote for the Republicans, because they try to keep taxes lower and they don't brag about banning everything that men enjoy, like guns and meat and working toilets and fast cars.

    We don't get to vote for a menu, it's an A/B binary choice in the general election, so I encourage the purists to fight like hell in the primaries and then rally behind the party that believes Heller was correctly decided in the general election.

    The perfect is the enemy of the best available. We can each contribute to an attainable result, or we can make ourselves irrelevant while other people choose who leads us.
    Best run-on sentence ever
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,016
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Indeed. Let's all vote for their leftist opponents and give the Democrats even more seats in the legislative branch. That will show those Republican turncoats!

    Cynical sarcasm aside, I don't have an answer. The lesser of two evils is to still vote Republican now, but support any future Republican challengers in the primaries.

    Noah
    Agreed. I have voted every election since I was 18. I only vote for two candidates in all that time. Reagan and Trump. Every other vote cast was against some other greater evil. Politics attracts scumbags and scoundrels. It’s just the way it is. Adults understand this. If you could make people not suck, you could close all the animal shelters.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,016
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: FOAC revokes some endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That's the way reality works; if we held out for perfection in all things, we'd never eat, we'd never own cars or clothing or houses, we'd live alone and die alone.

    Elections are about picking the best choice of the real available choices, not about every voter selecting his own mental clone. It would be great if I could vote for a straight white Christian male who likes SciFi and hates broccoli and thinks that most German porn is disgusting and strongly supports gun rights while finding the LGBT demands to be unreasonable these days but who wants a strong border without ignoring the optics of enforcement and thinks that Roseanne got a raw deal but likes a bigger engine under the hood of his car. And is a fiscal conservative. And reserves the "F-word" for when he needs it. And prefers Chuck Norris to most spectator sports. And likes dogs more than cats. And would happily hire a qualified minority but detests group entitlements.

    Instead, I mostly just vote for the Republicans, because they try to keep taxes lower and they don't brag about banning everything that men enjoy, like guns and meat and working toilets and fast cars.

    We don't get to vote for a menu, it's an A/B binary choice in the general election, so I encourage the purists to fight like hell in the primaries and then rally behind the party that believes Heller was correctly decided in the general election.

    The perfect is the enemy of the best available. We can each contribute to an attainable result, or we can make ourselves irrelevant while other people choose who leads us.
    Just how much German porn have you watched?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Endorsements, Yea/Nay, or Grade?
    By Android in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
  2. OBAMACARE ENDORSEMENTS: WHAT THE BRIBE WAS
    By RugerNiner in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops