Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Elections Have Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Voting for a third party is throwing your vote away. It only goes to the democrats who have become the party of communism. The democrats pay to have third party names put on the ballot. There is no chance a third party candidate can win anything higher in office than dog catcher. That's the way it is.
    You're thinking in terms of zero sum options. Almost never does 100 percent of the population vote. Usually it's sixty percent of eligible voters. As you can see below, it was below fifty percent in WV.

We have a two party system because the two parties push everyone out of the field. They gimmick ballot access. They play games.

Seems to me that we have a bigger problem than just two parties, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    BTW - Manchin won WV because of a Libertarian.

Candidate Party Votes Votes %
    ✓ Joe Manchin* Dem 288,808 49.5%
    Patrick Morrisey GOP 269,872 46.3%
    Rusty Hollen Lib 24,231 4.2%

There were a few others around the country where the 3rd party vote was a factor in who won.
    According to this source, in May 2018 there were 1,227,600 registered voters in WV. (see http://wvmetronews.com/2018/04/24/de...-registration/ )

Assume that there were not too many last minute registrations or deaths.

Add all three candidates, you get 582,911 votes.

644,689 voters did not vote for these three. Roughly 27 times as many people voted for "nobody" as voted for Hollen.

It's kind of presumptive to say that Hollen's supporters should have voted for Morrisey. What appeals to a libertarian might not appeal to a Republican.

If anyone has any anger, they ought to be aiming it at the over 1/2 million WV voters who refused to come out and vote for their rights. They sat around on their damn hands instead of voting.

I also think that we need to quit relying on the Republicans to help us out. They're fair weather friends. Much as Libertarians seem weak they are pretty solid gun rights people.
    Last edited by GeneCC; November 9th, 2018 at 10:31 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Well, as long as the idiots who voted for Rusty "feel special" and "didn't compromise" and "voted their conscience", then I guess they won't mind when Mancin votes for more reasonable common-sense gun control and all your guns get registered as a prelude to all your guns being seized. Not this year, but then the Nazis didn't immediately round up all the Jews right away, either.

Y'all can tell your grandkids that "Grandpa didn't want to dirty his hands by voting in a way that actually helped the cause of freedom", and maybe they'll pull the plug on you last. Probably not, though, not when Single Payer rationing is in effect.

I was third party for many years. George H Bush was the one who convinced me to go Libertarian. He and the Heritage Institute under Ed Feulmer said that "assault weapons" were the weapon of choice of drug dealers. Bill Bennett, Bush's "drug czar" said the same damn thing. I stuck with them until Harry Browne bought his nomination.

We gun owners have to elect the right people. We have to abuse them when they betray us. We also have to hassle the people who hassle us.

We really have to take the battle of ideas against Bloomberg and his puke friends. They're liars. We have to show much they lie.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    You're thinking in terms of zero sum options. Almost never does 100 percent of the population vote. Usually it's sixty percent of eligible voters. As you can see below, it was below fifty percent in WV.

We have a two party system because the two parties push everyone out of the field. They gimmick ballot access. They play games.

Seems to me that we have a bigger problem than just two parties, don't we?

According to this source, in May 2018 there were 1,227,600 registered voters in WV. (see http://wvmetronews.com/2018/04/24/de...-registration/ )

Assume that there were not too many last minute registrations or deaths.

Add all three candidates, you get 582,911 votes.

644,689 voters did not vote for these three. Roughly 27 times as many people voted for "nobody" as voted for Hollen.

It's kind of presumptive to say that Hollen's supporters should have voted for Morrisey. What appeals to a libertarian might not appeal to a Republican.

If anyone has any anger, they ought to be aiming it at the over 1/2 million WV voters who refused to come out and vote for their rights. They sat around on their damn hands instead of voting.

I also think that we need to quit relying on the Republicans to help us out. They're fair weather friends.
    I hear that in a lot of elections but I don't believe that the proportions are any different in the non-voters than they are in the voters. Same goes with those who vote libertarian, they come from both parties.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I hear that in a lot of elections but I don't believe that the proportions are any different in the non-voters than they are in the voters. Same goes with those who vote libertarian, they come from both parties.
    You ever spend any time with Libertarians? They don't often vote for Republicans. Republicans are "too statist" for them. Especially about drug policy. Me, I could care less about drugs. I do believe that the war on drugs drives violence. Violence raises murders. Murders give gun control nuts something to bitch about.

Would a Democrat who loves Unions, wants to make everyone's income closer, who wants to force people to bake the cake, want a Laissez Faire Libertarian politician? Really?

The numbers above don't lie. Most people in WV stayed home or didn't vote for a Senator.

(Chester County)

You ever spend any time with Libertarians? They don't often vote for Republicans. Republicans are "too statist" for them. Especially about drug policy. Me, I could care less about drugs. I do believe that the war on drugs drives violence. Violence raises murders. Murders give gun control nuts something to bitch about.

Would a Democrat who loves Unions, wants to make everyone's income closer, who wants to force people to bake the cake, want a Laissez Faire Libertarian politician? Really?

The numbers above don't lie. Most people in WV stayed home or didn't vote for a Senator.
    There is another explanation no one seems to want to face but to me it's as obvious as Nancy Pelosi's damaged brain. Electronic vote rigging. There are two reasons why it's so obvious. 1) it so easy to do. 2) there is little or no consequence if caught and no interest in uncovering it but the rewards for not getting caught are huge. There's no way that electronic vote rigging isn't occurring on a large scale. There's no way for citizens to prove it's going on or not going on and no one is looking. No one should be confident in the integrity of our voting systems, there is no integrity. I stick my paper ballot into a machine and it scans and records my vote but I have no idea how it's recorded and there's no way to find out.

I remember back in the late 90's when I'd tell my so-called educated friends that there were easy ways of even Junior High students called script kiddies to infiltrate their home computers with viruses and spyware and shut down whole websites and networks using what was known as bots in those days. Hokey smokes, you're a a moron to believe those kind of things Jennifer. I was heavily involved with different groups studying bots, firewalls, spyware etc... back in those days. I wrote those friends off as nothing more than your standard sheeple and they still believe everything is OK even to this day. So much for college education.

If things keep going as they are headed with electronic elections there won't be a single voting machine that won't be manipulated by those that count the votes. It's going on unchecked. Those script kiddies are now CEO's and political hacks.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    There is another explanation no one seems to want to face but to me it's as obvious as Nancy Pelosi's damaged brain. Electronic vote rigging. There are two reasons why it's so obvious. 1) it so easy to do. 2) there is little or no consequence if caught and no interest in uncovering it but the rewards for not getting caught are huge. There's no way that electronic vote rigging isn't occurring on a large scale. There's no way for citizens to prove it's going on or not going on and no one is looking. No one should be confident in the integrity of our voting systems, there is no integrity. I stick my paper ballot into a machine and it scans and records my vote but I have no idea how it's recorded and there's no way to find out.

I remember back in the late 90's when I'd tell my so-called educated friends that there were easy ways of even Junior High students called script kiddies to infiltrate their home computers with viruses and spyware and shut down whole websites and networks using what was known as bots in those days. Hokey smokes, you're a a moron to believe those kind of things Jennifer. I was heavily involved with different groups studying bots, firewalls, spyware etc... back in those days. I wrote those friends off as nothing more than your standard sheeple and they still believe everything is OK even to this day. So much for college education.

If things keep going as they are headed with electronic elections there won't be a single voting machine that won't be manipulated by those that count the votes. It's going on unchecked. Those script kiddies are now CEO's and political hacks.
    I'm with Jen on this one.
    I saw a documentary years ago on how to hack a voting machine.
    I agree it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I'm with Jen on this one.
    I saw a documentary years ago on how to hack a voting machine.
    I agree it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    Ditto. I believe there is a requirement that all machines have a paper trail for validation by the 2020 election. It may not be enough, but it will help some.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Delaware County)

We really have to take the battle of ideas against Bloomberg and his puke friends. They're liars. We have to show much they lie.
    The problem, Gene, is that "they" are OK with the lies, because the lies fit their agenda, and are therefore valid. The lies make them *feel* good.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    The problem, Gene, is that "they" are OK with the lies, because the lies fit their agenda, and are therefore valid. The lies make them *feel* good.
    To the LEFT, the ends justify the means because they view themselves as virtuous.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345