Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Quick P220 video

Ran my guys through yearly department training and qualifications last week. On day #3, we do handgun drills (mainly marksmanship improvement) and then I set up a tact/stress course.

I'm the only one running a single stack .45acp, while everyone else is running high capacity 9mm and .40 caliber handguns. We score it as time + any penalty = total score. Penalties come from first three targets. Each target has numbers 1-6, with different shapes and colors. Each target is different, meaning the numbers, colors and shapes are not in the same positions on each target. The shooter rolls a die and is required to find that number on each target and fire two rounds into the shape. Penalty is 5 seconds for hit outside the shape.

Next, the run to the cover/barricade and must get two hits on steel (8x11) from the left and right side. After getting two hits from each side, the run to the barrels and "slice the pie" to get any threats, here it's three pepper poppers. Next is the barrel with small tube on top.....shooters must again get two hits on 8x11 stel plate. On to the plate rack.....run the plate rack, then move to right and finish off with last two pepper poppers.

https://youtu.be/VtwsvAF3f38

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Quick P220 video

looks like fun to me...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    looks like fun to me...
    Looks like an IDPA COF to me. Hey gghbi - you just missed an IDPA match yesterday (Sunday 10/7) at Guthsville. If this interests you, catch it next month on the first Sunday. Any questions, PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Looks like an IDPA COF to me. Hey gghbi - you just missed an IDPA match yesterday (Sunday 10/7) at Guthsville. If this interests you, catch it next month on the first Sunday. Any questions, PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Thanks Bob, I was a very active IPSC shooter back in the 80s-90s. Was an RO and helped with several state matches back then. This was pre IDPA and when Cowboy shooting was just getting it's start. I had a job change that removed me from that (just too far away). I kind of miss it, but not sure I want to get back into it at this time. I was a member at Guthsville years ago, and like a dummy let it expire since I was not using it due to work. Now that I am retired I could be using it.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Luzerne County)

I always set up a handgun and rifle course like these during our annual training. Gets them moving, gets them thinking on decision making threats, puts them in shooting positions they are not used to, etc. We run it as a competition.....and a reason to bust each other’s cajones. But, primarily we critique the videos to point out what was done right and what was done wrong.