Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Question Can I be gifted a firearm if?

Last month I regrettably listened to my lawyer and took ARD for a simple assault (a)(3) (M-2). I still have my concealed weapons permit and my P.O. said I can keep it. My lawyer also stated that I can be gifted a weapon while on ARD with this pending charge because ARD is not pleading guilty nor is it pleading not guilty. Now my mother had planned to buy me another pistol for Christmas long before this came up. I am uncertain of my lawyer stating this can happen and I do not want my mother or me being charged with some infraction I do not know of. Does anyone have any insight on this? I have been trying to research it myself but I am not the smartest at the internet.I live in Juniata county P.A. Thank you for any insight I have read many posts in here but I decided to actually join today. The first BLOG or forum in my internet history. Also my mother lives in P.A. as well.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can I be gifted a firearm if?

Talk to Phil.
    He's a good man, you can trust his advice.
    Send him a message or email.
    Bern-

Attorney Phil Kline, gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1125
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Jefferson County)

The M2 Simple Assault isn't a prohibiter with conviction, however while on probation/parole you aren't allow to possess weapons. DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, possess a weapon even if your PO says you can. It is against state and county guidelines for probation/parole, and it can(will) negate your ARD sentencing.

The ARD is just a plea agreement that withholds conviction so long as you satisfy your sentencing guidelines(probation/parole, fees, fines, community service, etc, etc).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Don't commit simple assault, or complex assault. Doing stupid things have consequences.

Did any of this stem from domestic violence? Did any part of this involve a PFA? Lots of pitfalls to lookout for after being arrested. You are no kid being born in 83, you are old enough to know better. Contact Phil Kline as was suggested. You will need all the help you can get. Have your Mother hold off on that gift for now.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Are you implying that someone in law enforcement may have lied to the OP? Wait for my surprised look...

But I agree. Let me put on my tin foil hat and mention that maybe the PO would look good if he told you you could possess a firearm, and then nailed you for that violation.

Put in your ARD time. Then get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The M2 Simple Assault isn't a prohibiter with conviction, however while on probation/parole you aren't allow to possess weapons. DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, possess a weapon even if your PO says you can. It is against state and county guidelines for probation/parole, and it can(will) negate your ARD sentencing.

The ARD is just a plea agreement that withholds conviction so long as you satisfy your sentencing guidelines(probation/parole, fees, fines, community service, etc, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

And this is why I stay out of giving advice in threads like this anymore. I would have thought he was fine.

(Juniata County)

Nope I drew my firearm in fear of being ran off the road and I thought I was about to be robbed, When I got my weapon from the glove box the driver behind me seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan R Henry View Post
    Nope I drew my firearm in fear of being ran off the road and I thought I was about to be robbed, When I got my weapon from the glove box the driver behind me seen it.
    Too late my friend, you have been tried and found guilty in the poofa court of public opinion.

Welcome, stick around.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Juniata County)

Really???? I am a veteran also.....ssooo this response is dumb without knowing the case. Self defense is never dumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast