Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: FCC after your BaoFeng!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I was just listening to two guys taking about the upcoming Red Rose test. I was hearing them through the WB2CMN repeater.
    Not part of my group, but Red Rose is another good group in the area. Multiple clubs in the Area, Harrisburg, Red Rose, York and Lebanon offer regular testing.

BTW, I know this thread started about Baofeng's, but I'd like to add a little more, since we're into multiple aspects of communications. When I was in the Army we were taught, it was shoot, move and communicate. If you're spending 2K on a modern sporting rifle, and $25 on your comms, you're doing it wrong. The handheld radio I recommend for ALL starting HAMS is the Yaesu FT-60. The thing is reliable, sturdy and darn near bulletproof. It'll set you back close to $200 (about $170 last I looked) but easy to program with computer, or via the built in keypad, plus it will outlast any of the Baofengs. Now this is NOT an FRS/ GMRS radio, it is 100% HAM frequencies, but it don't take much to get a Technician's license, and the license IS good for life (renew with the FCC every 10 years for free).
    Last edited by theshadow; October 26th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011