Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is the sig 365 safe to buy yet?

I’ve read about various early problems with the 365. Has it reached the point where I can buy with relative confidence?

Thanks,

Troll

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Is the sig 365 safe to buy yet?

I, too would like to know this. Once it's good to go, it would be a game changer.

(Lancaster County)

Yes. I have an early production gun (20Jan2018) and while it had the RTB (return to battery) issue, once it came back from Sig it has been 100%. Over 1850rds fired and zero malfunctions. I've run all kinds of ammo thru it, about a dozen brands/types. I have 2 other friends that own them and while they've only run a few hundred through theirs, they aren't having any issues either.

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Yes. I have an early production gun (20Jan2018) and while it had the RTB (return to battery) issue, once it came back from Sig it has been 100%. Over 1850rds fired and zero malfunctions. I've run all kinds of ammo thru it, about a dozen brands/types. I have 2 other friends that own them and while they've only run a few hundred through theirs, they aren't having any issues either.

Thanks for the info

(Monroe County)

Just picked one up, dated Sept 13, 2018 on the side of the case. This example has the newer firing pin design.

First range session with it today, 7 mags, 100 rounds of S&B 124g FMJ, 100 rounds of Aguila 124g FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal 124g HST.

No problems so far. Slide locked back on all 7 mags, no FTF or failure to go into battery. The striker is leaving deep drag marks, but don't think that will ever get resolved. Field stripping and cleaning showed no signs of unusual wear.

I plan to put at least another 750 rounds thru it with a field strip and cleaning every 250 rounds before i carry it.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    I just sent mine back for the same issue. I asked if they'd also give me the new striker, they said no. But they did sell me a new striker for $35. So at least I'm only paying for the part, not shipping and labor, to replace it.

(Lancaster County)

Most of the issues were vastly overblown by people who did not even own one or shoot one. Broken strikers were all from a small manufacturing batch, although give SIG credit to redesigning it to make it stronger overall.

Anything in the stores now is fine. Mine is from late March and I have not had a single glitch with it. Probably close to 1000 rounds now.

Regarding the striker swipes, it has been shown in multiple sites and forums that this is common to strikers, in particular smaller ones. Not everyone will see it on the SIG or other brands, so please do not start the thread of it never happened to me on XXXX. It has been shown to happen on ALL brands at one point or another. Do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by vetman03 View Post
    Most of the issues were vastly overblown by people who did not even own one or shoot one. Broken strikers were all from a small manufacturing batch, although give SIG credit to redesigning it to make it stronger overall.

Anything in the stores now is fine. Mine is from late March and I have not had a single glitch with it. Probably close to 1000 rounds now.

Regarding the striker swipes, it has been shown in multiple sites and forums that this is common to strikers, in particular smaller ones. Not everyone will see it on the SIG or other brands, so please do not start the thread of it never happened to me on XXXX. It has been shown to happen on ALL brands at one point or another. Do your research.

Ohh well if you say so ...

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Sorry, but I'm not in the "what, me worry?" camp when it comes to my carry guns.

Zoom in with a microscope, and I'm sure primer smear is common, but not to the extent that I'm seeing from mine.

Just curious, what failure rate is acceptable for your carry guns? Is 1 in 1000 ok? How about 1 in 5000?

This is not the case at all. I've been following it since the beginning of the saga, and the initial failure rate was immense. Something like 1 in every 5 pistols we're sent back, according to the user polls on Sigtalk, and the moderators kept trying to hide the truth by continually closing the poll threads, because God forbid someone speak poorly about their beloved brand. The broken strikers reports carried well into July/August, and overlapped with the return spring failures that started popping up then as well.

The users eventually moved their poll to Google surveys, picked up a larger sample size through users from Reddit, Glocktalk, ARFCOM, etc., and the results did not improve. Sig said less than .2% of the pistols sold we're sent back, but using simple math, it meant that ALL of the failed pistols (and then some) would've been reported broken on the Sigtalk thread, and NO other pistols outside the forum failed. If Sig were telling the truth, the chances of MAC getting 3 out of 3 pistols failing is 0.00008% or 1 in 125,000.

You have to realize too, that likely more than 80% of the pistols purchased went directly into a safe/carry rotation without test firing, and there are a whole group of buyers who don't even know about the imminent failure until they have to use it.

I haven't kept up past the July/August time frame, but it was definitely NOT safe to buy at that point in time. I had a Brownells pre order from the initial week of launch through the whole ordeal, hoping they wouldn't fulfill the order until they got it fixed, but decided to cancel and wait for reports to become overwhelmingly positive instead of getting stuck with a lemon. I'll check back around the 1 year anniversary, hopefully they'll have gotten their shit together by then.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast