Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Is the sig 365 safe to buy yet?

Just put another 250 rounds thru (500 total). 50 American Eagle 124 gr fmj, 100 S&B 124 gr FMJ and 100 Aguila 124 gr FMJ in 9 magazines.

No failures so far. field strip and cleaning revealed no unusual wearing or peening. the locking lug on the barrel shows more wear than i have seen on other firearms but not nearly as much as mr guns and gear but i am only at 500 rounds.

lock lug.jpg

Magazines do not show scratch marks from the trigger return spring.

I picked up another p365 dated Sept 28 and interestingly the barrel markings are different. i have seen online multiple barrels with different markings so i don't know if it means something or nothing.

barrels.jpg

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The more I carry mine, the more I like it. I keep it loaded and swap out the 10 or 12-round mag depending on whether I'm carrying in my pocket or OWB. It's been running flawlessly since I got it back from Sig.

Along time member and a friend of mine from another message forum updated me yesterday that received his back from sig, he loaded 5 snap caps in it and the firing pin broke on the 3rd cap. They sent him another FP and a long winded explanation. He installed the new pin and it broke again within the 1st mag so he sold the gun as is for a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The more I carry mine, the more I like it. I keep it loaded and swap out the 10 or 12-round mag depending on whether I'm carrying in my pocket or OWB. It's been running flawlessly since I got it back from Sig.
    I've got to stop pocket carrying the gun. The corner of the slide is sharp enough that it has worn a hole in the pants that I most regularly pocket carry in.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Along time member and a friend of mine from another message forum updated me yesterday that received his back from sig, he loaded 5 snap caps in it and the firing pin broke on the 3rd cap. They sent him another FP and a long winded explanation. He installed the new pin and it broke again within the 1st mag so he sold the gun as is for a big loss.
    Jesus. I should probably just bite the bullet and buy the after marker striker if I want to continue carrying this gun.

I went ahead and ordered the steel striker. Since mine was a "gen 2," I just want the peace of mind of having at least eliminated that potential failure. My mags show a slight scratch from the trigger reset spring that is known to break, and the scratch is a sign, so I'll be watching for that as well.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the steel striker. Since mine was a "gen 2," I just want the peace of mind of having at least eliminated that potential failure. My mags show a slight scratch from the trigger reset spring that is known to break, and the scratch is a sign, so I'll be watching for that as well.
    I had seen a couple of small scratches on two mags. I have six total. I felt in the magwell and you could feel the sharp point on the spring. A couple of swipes with a small file to smooth off the point and I have had no scratches since. Well over 1000 rounds now and no issues at all. I have the original striker. My girl friends 365 did not have the sharp point on the spring end so she has not had any scratches at all. May or may not be a sign of a failure. To me just a sharp edge on the spring that needed to be knocked down.

Quote Originally Posted by vetman03 View Post
    I had seen a couple of small scratches on two mags. I have six total. I felt in the magwell and you could feel the sharp point on the spring. A couple of swipes with a small file to smooth off the point and I have had no scratches since. Well over 1000 rounds now and no issues at all. I have the original striker. My girl friends 365 did not have the sharp point on the spring end so she has not had any scratches at all. May or may not be a sign of a failure. To me just a sharp edge on the spring that needed to be knocked down.

Thanks I'll do that as well.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Mine have just a hint of a scratch on the mags. I do feel a little bit of a sharp point, so I may try to hit it with a file.

(Wyoming County)

Caught up with my Brother during a family visit in Ohio this weekend.

We hit an indoor range and he let me shoot his 365 and his 320. He's a Sig junkie and has 3x320s. I can't say which gun I liked better but I loved them both. Not knowing much other than Glock my whole life I have now seen the light
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast