Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Anyone know a good gun smith to cut, thread them pin/weld a barrel

Im in south eastern PA and i was thinking of having the barrel on my AR shortened and have a suppressor mount permanently attached ( to maintain a legal 16" barrel)

Does anyone have a gun smith they suggest? Any idea what that would cost roughly?

Thanks

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Anyone know a good gun smith to cut, thread them pin/weld a barrel

In all honesty new barrels are dirt cheap. Why not just buy a shorter barrel

It would be easier/better to pay 200 bucks and SBR your lower, then you can do whatever you want, even go shorter.
    I had a pinned m4 barrel once, I like to swap out parts and having the flashider pinned was a challenge.

Any gunsmith can do it though. Try https://www.ezaccuracy.com/ in Warminster.
    Last edited by :-); October 4th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Sean in chalfont, he owns Cdi gun and knife would be my option.

(Somerset County)

If you don't mind sending it out I have used John Thomas at Retro Arms Works multiple times for pin/weld, threading, and putting uppers together. Does phenomenal work. I used to use ADCO and they are a good option too, but his work is much "cleaner". I can barely tell the muzzle device is pinned on the ones he has done.

Very would turn around times as well. I would shoot him an email for cost. You won't be disappointed

(Schuylkill County)

I knew a great gunsmith near Muncy ( many many years ago ). He also built clocks. I'm sure he's walking the Streets of Glory by now. I had an old Springfield Model 15, single shot, manual cock, .22. He machined a new bolt for me. He found two used bolts, but they were not up to par with him. He charged me nothing. I guess he just wanted the challenge. I still shoot it; and it's probably my most accurate .22.