Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Senators Who Voted for HB 2060 Gun Confiscation Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Happy.C View Post
    I get this Stefano guy is a dirtbag but, do you think the Dem who takes his seat will be any better? I'd rather take my chances with a Trans-Republican than a Dem.....ANY DEM. You know exactly how they'll vote.
    He is a Democrat with an "R" behind his name. He was also instrumental in getting Bob Nutting, billionaire owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates, a $1,000,000 grant for "economic development" at Nutting's ski resorts.

Corporate welfare is strictly prohibited by Article VIII, Section 8, of the state constitution.

§ 8. Commonwealth credit not to be pledged.

The credit of the Commonwealth shall not be pledged or loaned to any individual, company, corporation or association nor shall the Commonwealth become a joint owner or stockholder in any company, corporation or association.

I hear you, but I think voting for these frauds leads to more (in your words) Trans-Republicans, not less. In this case, I think short-term pain is necessary for long-term gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy.C View Post
    I get this Stefano guy is a dirtbag but, do you think the Dem who takes his seat will be any better? I'd rather take my chances with a Trans-Republican than a Dem.....ANY DEM. You know exactly how they'll vote.
    I would not pull that thread and I would not open that can of worms. Eventually you will be voting all democrats, whether there is a D or R. I don't play that game. I refuse to.

So I called Senator Stefano's office this morning to express my disappointment in his vote for HB 2060. Some things that stood out to me in his assistant's responses:

- I was told the bill would protect the police and help save police officers -- please by all means, but not until I have been convicted of a crime.

- I was informed due process was arguing your case before a judge, which is what the accused will be able to do -- I thought due process was either being convicted or acquitted of a crime not arguing about what you might and might not do.

- When I asked why organizations like FOAC would be against this bill, he stated he had no idea -- tells me they are not listening, or he didn't want to bring up any of the bill's negatives.

- Best part, I was advised not to read the bill, due to too much legal ease within the text, but instead Stefano's assistant suggested I simply listen to what the Senator had to say about the legislation -- OK, sure thing

- I also inquired as to when there would likely be a pro-gun bill, maybe restricting the state from banning the carry of firearms during a state of emergency. -- I was informed there will be no pro gun legislation until we elect another governor. Wish I could tell my boss at work there is nothing I can do, and it's not worth trying.

My take from the call is they are totally on board with this bill, almost to the point of being proud of it. Sad, but that was my take away from the call.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fayette Patriot View Post
    So I called Senator Stefano's office this morning to express my disappointment in his vote for HB 2060. Some things that stood out to me in his assistant's responses:

- I was told the bill would protect the police and help save police officers -- please by all means, but not until I have been convicted of a crime.

- I was informed due process was arguing your case before a judge, which is what the accused will be able to do -- I thought due process was either being convicted or acquitted of a crime not arguing about what you might and might not do.

- When I asked why organizations like FOAC would be against this bill, he stated he had no idea -- tells me they are not listening, or he didn't want to bring up any of the bill's negatives.

- Best part, I was advised not to read the bill, due to too much legal ease within the text, but instead Stefano's assistant suggested I simply listen to what the Senator had to say about the legislation -- OK, sure thing

- I also inquired as to when there would likely be a pro-gun bill, maybe restricting the state from banning the carry of firearms during a state of emergency. -- I was informed there will be no pro gun legislation until we elect another governor. Wish I could tell my boss at work there is nothing I can do, and it's not worth trying.

My take from the call is they are totally on board with this bill, almost to the point of being proud of it. Sad, but that was my take away from the call.
    Well done.
    They will not admit it, but they are rattled by the push back we are giving them.
    Letting them know we do not approve serves to limit their enthusiasm for promoting other anti gun bills.
    Thank you for standing up and helping to protect the 2A.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Most of the lawmakers simply ignored their constituents. They were pressured by GOP leadership to vote yes or else there would be no more campaign funds for reelection. They were told to justify their vote as protecting women from domestic abuse.

So why was GOP hell bent on pushing it through? To help Wolf... and therefore hurt Wagner. Wolf can say he signed legislation to protect women. They would rather have Wolf serve 1 final term so Turzai can run in 2022. If Wagner wins, they know he'll go 2 terms which makes Turzai wait until 2026. Also, they hate Wagner because he's not part of the corrupt establishment and is committed to busting their stranglehold on government.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

This is scary because it looks like the voting percentage breakdown on some of the recent New Jersey anti gun bills

(Delaware County)

Killion of SEPA District 9 needs to be primary-ed. If he's not busy voting against gun rights, he's busy pandering to every Soros or Doomburg-funded anti-gun org.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Killion of SEPA District 9 needs to be primary-ed. If he's not busy voting against gun rights, he's busy pandering to every Soros or Doomburg-funded anti-gun org.
    Same goes for McGarrigle and Santora. Just Philadelphia demorats with R behind their name.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Most of the lawmakers simply ignored their constituents. They were pressured by GOP leadership to vote yes or else there would be no more campaign funds for reelection. They were told to justify their vote as protecting women from domestic abuse.

So why was GOP hell bent on pushing it through? To help Wolf... and therefore hurt Wagner. Wolf can say he signed legislation to protect women. They would rather have Wolf serve 1 final term so Turzai can run in 2022. If Wagner wins, they know he'll go 2 terms which makes Turzai wait until 2026. Also, they hate Wagner because he's not part of the corrupt establishment and is committed to busting their stranglehold on government.
    BINGO!!!!

Question Re: Senators Who Voted for HB 2060 Gun Confiscation Bill

Did anyone actually read and understand the parts I emboldened?

''Under this legislation an individual found guilty and sentenced before a judge would be required to relinquish any and all firearms in their possession narrowing the window of time in which convicted abusers would have to relinquish their weapons from 60 days to 48 hours for an individual convicted of the misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

The defendant would be prohibited from turning over their weapons to a family member or friend and instead would be required to relinquish them to law enforcement, an authorized gun dealer or an attorney.
    ''

So you guys think violent convicted wife-beaters should keep their guns?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast