Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Eric Roe face to face conversation

At work today I was outside painting. I saw Eric Roe going door to door. I asked him if he was Eric Roe and he said yes. I had about a 20 minute conversation with him. It was all about guns and how he voted on the domestic violence bill. He was a yes vote. I told him how upset I was that he did this because I voted for him last election. I told him the bill takes a Protection from abuse order and treats it like a conviction. I pointed out what was happening with the SCOTUS and how this is a very dangerous bill.
    Long story short this is what I got out of the conversation. It was extremely friendly and no bs on either side. We both stated our point of view and I feel it was very enlightening on my part.

1. He is a very nice and sincere guy.
    2. He told me outright my(our) district is extramly liberal and he is fighting an uphill battle to keep his seat in Republicans hands.
    3. He doesn’t think most gun control bills stop crime but he feels this one might do some good.
    4. I asked him if an AWB would come up for a vote what would he do. He told me he would tell the powers to be not to bring it up for a vote. He never said he would not vote for it. He does understand the true meaning of the 2ND.
    5. He feels this state in 10 years will be solid blue.i do agree.
    6. What I got out of our conversation is he wants to keep the seat republican and being in a very liberal district compromises have to be made. As little as possible. He said the alternative would be much worse. Which I agree.

I can understand his point of view. I don’t like the idea of voting for something bad because you are protecting yourself or others from something worse. As a cut and dry type of guy compromise is never good IMO.

So what to do on Election Day. The only options are vote for him,vote against him,don’t vote or vote for him and next election try to primary him out if there is a challenger. Kind of stinks but this is the reality we have. If the SCOTUS goes conservative maybe these issues will be settled at that level.

I did tell him how mad the gun community is over the Republicans not doing the right thing. I pulled no punches with that.

After talking to him I had a better understanding of his point of view and I liked him better after being pissed about his vote.

Good luck with your vote this Election Day.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Eric Roe face to face conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    At work today I was outside painting. I saw Eric Roe going door to door. I asked him if he was Eric Roe and he said yes. I had about a 20 minute conversation with him. It was all about guns and how he voted on the domestic violence bill. He was a yes vote. I told him how upset I was that he did this because I voted for him last election. I told him the bill takes a Protection from abuse order and treats it like a conviction. I pointed out what was happening with the SCOTUS and how this is a very dangerous bill.
    Long story short this is what I got out of the conversation. It was extremely friendly and no bs on either side. We both stated our point of view and I feel it was very enlightening on my part.

1. He is a very nice and sincere guy.
    2. He told me outright my(our) district is extramly liberal and he is fighting an uphill battle to keep his seat in Republicans hands.
    3. He doesn’t think most gun control bills stop crime but he feels this one might do some good.
    4. I asked him if an AWB would come up for a vote what would he do. He told me he would tell the powers to be not to bring it up for a vote. He never said he would not vote for it. He does understand the true meaning of the 2ND.
    5. He feels this state in 10 years will be solid blue.i do agree.
    6. What I got out of our conversation is he wants to keep the seat republican and being in a very liberal district compromises have to be made. As little as possible. He said the alternative would be much worse. Which I agree.

I can understand his point of view. I don’t like the idea of voting for something bad because you are protecting yourself or others from something worse. As a cut and dry type of guy compromise is never good IMO.

So what to do on Election Day. The only options are vote for him,vote against him,don’t vote or vote for him and next election try to primary him out if there is a challenger. Kind of stinks but this is the reality we have. If the SCOTUS goes conservative maybe these issues will be settled at that level.

I did tell him how mad the gun community is over the Republicans not doing the right thing. I pulled no punches with that.

After talking to him I had a better understanding of his point of view and I liked him better after being pissed about his vote.

Good luck with your vote this Election Day.
    He gave us the same speech when we were in his office on the day of the rally.

Why do we HAVE to have a Republican if he votes exactly like a Democrat? He was a co-sponsor of HB 2060. Roe is a chosen elitist who's never done any real work in his life. We need someone else. I still think we would have been better off with Perry Bentley, but we got screwed by the Chester County Machine. The reason this district has gone bad goes back a long time, but if you look at the election history in the last 4 or 6 years, you'll see that the Republicans have run an absolute clusterfuck. I really want to like Roe, but he is making it very hard. He also voted wrong on other bills concerning gas drilling. I get the feeling that he really doesn't have a clue what he is actually voting for (he had no idea what was really in the bump stock bill he co-sponsored).

If he lasts through this election, there is little chance of getting him out in a primary unless The Machine likes someone else better. They control the money and message. The Republican elitists in this district are in lockstep with the county and state committees.

It's only a matter of time before this district goes blue. This year is the first time in many years that the Dems are running someone who can appear to be rational while still being a moonbat.
    Last edited by Gripsafety; October 4th, 2018 at 09:21 AM.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Eric Roe face to face conversation

I actually saw him today again. He was in the same neighborhood. I stopped and talked for 2 minutes I was leaving. I agree with you whole heartly with this. He is a very likable guy. I told him I want to vote for you but I am really pissed about your votes.

I have seen this in NY before I left. I left because I hate liberalism with a passion. When the ship starts to sink the people who once were the good guys know their days are numbered so they try to act like the up coming popular people. When you see this happen the end is very near for the good guys. They actually speed up their demise while thinking they are preserving their place. In a way I want Eric Roe to win but one part of me wants him to lose his seat.
    The republicans are notorious to screw up victory. They are also notorious at not getting anything done while having full power.

I think deep down Roe wants to be more conservative in his votes but the pressure of re election persuades him to be middle of the road. I can’t stand a fence sitter. I would rather you disagree with me then tell me what I want to hear then stab me in the back.