Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 10/3/18 ALERT: *STILL TIME TO CALL SENATE* VOTE *YES* ON HB2060 'FRIENDS' AMENDME

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Hey Bern, hold off on that next cup of coffee! You are getting a bit ahead of yourself.
    That's not coffee, that's pain fueled adrenaline.
    Strongest stimulant there is.
    :0

I do that thing of quoting myself because when a post is edited after the fact beyond just a typo people tend to miss it.
    I see people doing that, adding blocks of information to old posts, and I think it just causes confusion.
    But yeah, ahead of myself is right :P
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: 10/3/18 ALERT: *STILL TIME TO CALL SENATE* VOTE *YES* ON HB2060 'FRIENDS' AMENDME

My Rep. called me back today

To summarize- she disputed the talking points that I had, particularly the absence of "Due Process". Honestly I've only skimmed the 29 pages and I was not able to rebut her claims.

The key thing I took away from my conversation today was what many here on this board like to say. She asserted that the NRA was neutral on this bill. Like it or not that tells me they are still the ones with clout.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

To summarize- she disputed the talking points that I had, particularly the absence of "Due Process". Honestly I've only skimmed the 29 pages and I was not able to rebut her claims.

The key thing I took away from my conversation today was what many here on this board like to say. She asserted that the NRA was neutral on this bill. Like it or not that tells me they are still the ones with clout.
    Well done.
    She may disagree with you but she got the message.

What you did was tell her that this is a big deal and it will get a big negative response.
    That even gun control supposedly sanctioned by the NRA is still a problem and not uncontroversial.
    She will remember this and pause the next time someone tells her to support more politically safe gun control.

That's what we were doing yesterday by fighting something that was already a done backroom deal.
    We rattled the Republican leadership and made sure they got the message that no gun control is a safe political poker chip.

Thanks for taking the time and representing the team.
    I wish we had a thousand more just like you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Why not help us out, I will be happy to have you on the team.
    to that I'll say, I've been fighting this fight for over thirty years, what took you so long to get here <jk>? Always happy to have more people fighting the fight, but I'm still trying to pass along lessons learned so they don need re-learned.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

Perhaps this one will help you with that discussion. https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/10/0...t-you-to-know/ I know Mr Prince is a member here, perhaps he'll be willing to expand on that.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Unlike the old radio show, the shadow does not always know... Primary challenges, even if not successful will get the attention of our current problem children more than running away by changing to 'independent' which in PA effectively eliminates you from primary voting. Besides that many of my local elections are actually decided in the primary anyway.
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know all. In this case, it's not running away. For thirty years the establishment has been refusing to "fix our problem children". so use the opposition tactics against them, Publicly and NOISILY have mass departure. Provide, support and finance to the progun candidates, and if necessary, change back quietly to vote in the primaries, how difficult is that? How big a point would it make if 10% or more quit the party in protest, covered it with their reps and social media, then in the primaries, changed a month before, voted for the best candidate, then stay or go?? Where's this hurt you?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456