Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Range Bag Recommendation !!!

Hello folks!

I'm a butt fucking spammer, please discuss range bags while I copulate with myself.
    Last edited by streaker69; October 5th, 2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Removed spam link.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Range Bag Recommendation !!!

I'm looking for a backpack, something I can use in a multipurpose fashion for the range, hiking, etc.
    Most of us that shoot on a regular basis, whether it is just for informal practice, training classes, competition, etc... have a dedicated range bag. That way we know that when we arrive at the range, we have the stuff that we will need. Heck, I not only have a range bag, I now have a range "trunk" a plastic bin that holds my target stands, sand bags, targets, stapler, heavy duty clips, and other things that I need to take out to the outdoor range. It makes set up and take down easy.

My suggestion, have a dedicated range bag and a dedicated hiking bag. I personally think that this would be a better way to go.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I have two of those bags, I found that they are good go bags and get home bags but not range bags. too many compartments and straps. I wound up just buying a 511 range bag for the range.
    https://www.511tactical.com/range-re...SABEgLcaPD_BwE

The best part about it is that you can just take the center out with you to the bench if you don't need the entire bag. With a backpack you have to dig through everything and open the entire bag to get to stuff.
    Last edited by :-); October 3rd, 2018 at 07:06 AM.

Picking a range bag is like picking a handgun. The selection must be made on your needs, equipment, etc... Asking us to make a recommendation with no information on your average range day is kinda difficult.

Do you take multiple handguns to the range? Will they be transported in the range bag? If so you'll want a bag with padded pistol inserts or enough space to hold pistol rugs.

Do you spend multiple hours at the range and go through a lot of ammo? Will the ammo be carried in the bag or do you use a separate ammo bag?

Do you take your cleaning supplies and need the extra room for these?

Do you want a high speed "tactical" looking bag or something that doesn't draw attention when you're inside Sheetz paying for your coffee?

I do not recommend 5.11 bags or the equivalent brands. You're paying $80 for a $30 bag. There are plenty of lesser name, well constructed bags available on the market that offer the same performance. I picked up a no name bag 10+ years ago at a gun shop in Oklahoma. The bag is used weekly and has held up perfectly. Yes it is and looks like a range bag with all the pockets and pouches so it isn't as low profile as I would prefer. Take a look at some of the canvas tool bags available at your local hardware store. These are sturdy, well constructed, and come in a variety of sizes. Second suggestion is go to a larger gun show and check out the vendors. I'd be hesitant to buy one off of Amazon not having the ability to closely inspect the stitching and material. You want something with a reinforced hard bottom, thick material, heavy duty zippers, and quality straps or handles.

(Susquehanna County)

Homeless-Shopping-Cart.jpg

We going to the range!!!
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Picking a range bag is like picking a handgun. The selection must be made on your needs, equipment, etc... Asking us to make a recommendation with no information on your average range day is kinda difficult.

Do you take multiple handguns to the range? Will they be transported in the range bag? If so you'll want a bag with padded pistol inserts or enough space to hold pistol rugs.

Do you spend multiple hours at the range and go through a lot of ammo? Will the ammo be carried in the bag or do you use a separate ammo bag?

Do you take your cleaning supplies and need the extra room for these?

Do you want a high speed "tactical" looking bag or something that doesn't draw attention when you're inside Sheetz paying for your coffee?

I do not recommend 5.11 bags or the equivalent brands. You're paying $80 for a $30 bag. There are plenty of lesser name, well constructed bags available on the market that offer the same performance. I picked up a no name bag 10+ years ago at a gun shop in Oklahoma. The bag is used weekly and has held up perfectly. Yes it is and looks like a range bag with all the pockets and pouches so it isn't as low profile as I would prefer. Take a look at some of the canvas tool bags available at your local hardware store. These are sturdy, well constructed, and come in a variety of sizes. Second suggestion is go to a larger gun show and check out the vendors. I'd be hesitant to buy one off of Amazon not having the ability to closely inspect the stitching and material. You want something with a reinforced hard bottom, thick material, heavy duty zippers, and quality straps or handles.
    What he said.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Homeless-Shopping-Cart.jpg

We going to the range!!!
    This is how I feel loading and unloading the car to get to the range!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    This is how I feel loading and unloading the car to get to the range!
    You know, if I could figure out a way to get one of those into my car.... man, it just might be the ticket for hauling stuff out to the range.

But seriously, it does remind me of some of the Cowboy Action shooters little carts...
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Montgomery County)

The best method I have found is to invite my brother to the range and let him carry everything.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

$8.97 at Home Depot
    Muddy ground? Afraid to get your $300 range bag dirty? Wipes clean. Protects contents from elements.
    Stackable.
    Did I mention $8.97?

Will it work for you? Fuck if I know, but I've been using a tool box like it for over ten years now.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast