Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default BATF doesn't care if you move a suppressor

I just got off the phone with a BATF rep asking where I email a 5320.20 form (Application to Transport Interstate). I was told that "It's only a silencer and we don't need to know that". I told them it's a permanent move. "It's not necessary to send that form in, although it would be nice for our records." HUH??????

I interpret that as they really don't give a shit about suppressors. Then why the hell are they on the NFA roster????

What am I missing? I'm moving to Florida and thought they and the local CLEO should know.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: BATF doesn't care if you move a suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    I just got off the phone with a BATF rep asking where I email a 5320.20 form (Application to Transport Interstate). I was told that "It's only a silencer and we don't need to know that". I told them it's a permanent move. "It's not necessary to send that form in, although it would be nice for our records." HUH??????

I interpret that as they really don't give a shit about suppressors. Then why the hell are they on the NFA roster????

What am I missing? I'm moving to Florida and thought they and the local CLEO should know.

If I remember correctly they don't have to be informed if you are staying in the same state, but do need to be told if you are changing states.

As for the local chief, fuck all that noise, nothing good will come of it.

(Elk County)

Repeat after me; it's all about the $200 transfer tax.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lackawanna County)

Not required, only sbr/abs/mg/dd. Suppressors and aow are exempt from 5320.20, when I moved I did notify but I just put them on the forms with other stuff that required it to cover my rear during transport. If you have one of the 4 that need a 5320.20 then simply add the suppressors to the form and it will be approved as long as info is correct to cya.

FYI don’t bring a bump stock to FloDuh, his limp wristed magesty Dick sucker Scott decided they were bad juju as of 10/1/18
    Last edited by titleiiredneck; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:14 PM.