In celebration of April 19th 1775, the day of "The shot heard around the world". Appleseed has something for everyone. New shooters can learn to shoot, experienced shooters can learn to shoot better and learn to teach others.

Range: Reade Range

Address: Allemans, PA

When: April 18-19 2009

Range Fee: TBA

Camping available: Primative camping on site, in designated area.

Hotels: Closest - Sleepy Valley Motel 814-687-4247

Food: Closest - Sir Barneys 814-687-9235

Directions: This is a remote area and tricky to find the first time. Check and double check your maps. Cell phone connection is questionable. When you think you are lost, you are almost there. Range is gated. If coming to camp on friday contact me for access.
From I 80-- Leave I 80 at Milesburg, go South n Rt. 220 to Tyrone. At Tyrone, take Rt. 453 West to Rt. 253. Turn South on Rt. 253 to town of Allemans. In center of town, turn right (West) and travel ½ mile to top of hill (Church and cemetery on right). Turn left at cemetery on dirt road. Follow signs to Range.

From Rt. 22 for Western shooters. Turn North on Rt. 53 at town of Cresson. Follow Rt. 53 to town of Van Ormer. Turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans. Turn Left (West) in center of town and proceed as above.

From Rt. 22 for Eastern shooters. Turn North on Rt. 22O at Hollidaysburg. Proceed on Rt. 220 to Bellwood. Turn left on Rt. 865 at Bellwood and follow Rt. 865 to Glasgow. At Glasgow turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans. Turn left in center of town and proceed as above.

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws. www.attorneygeneral.gov

Misc: This event location can offer actual distance shooting out to 1000 yards, bring the 22 for the bulk of the instruction and the centerfire for some actual distance shooting if skills permit.

This is a very nice range, the "golf course" quality location that every community should have. Come on out and experience a great range, some quality rifle marksmanship instruction and American Heritage!

For more information contact: Ed Burrell (B964)
PAappleseedinfo.org
607-727-9282

For range/camping information: Tom Ferraro
Range President
724-352-0234

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/187141746