Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    892304

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    would LOVE to know where they were coming from. this most likely wasn't from from 1 shipper to one receiver.
    The article I linked claims that it was a shipment directly from Ruger's facility in NC. 16 pallets of .22 and .380 guns.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    64
    Posts
    668
    Rep Power
    1296891

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    UPS Small Package hires the dregs of the earth to work part time inside their hubs. They're guaranteed something like 3 1/2 hrs and start either at 0400, 1630 or somewhere around midnight (+- on each shift). They bus them in out of Philthygtown in short buses and most of them seem like they left their brains at home. One guy who was of sound mind told me a good bit about how they smuggle merchandise out of the hub. He said that somehow they know what boxes have jewelry in them and they'll encase it in snow and throw it to their buddies on the other side of the fence along with other ingenious methods.
    Some things never change, in the late 80's I had a boss who came from Roadway Package Express's hub at the Newark, NJ airport. and they were doing the same thing, hiring from the local dregs and amazingly watches and jewelry boxes were not safe in the Distribution Center...

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    6,629
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    https://www.policeone.com/atf/articl...d=%5Bcub_id%5D

    Found 365 of 'em and two that took them near Chicago

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    1,524
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    https://www.policeone.com/atf/articl...d=%5Bcub_id%5D

    Found 365 of 'em and two that took them near Chicago
    There should be a nice bump in shootings this weekend.
    If at first you don't succeed try a different angle.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    middle smithfield, E.burg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There should be a nice bump in shootings this weekend.
    they just couldn't let another 22hr lull go by.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,800
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    Some things never change, in the late 80's I had a boss who came from Roadway Package Express's hub at the Newark, NJ airport. and they were doing the same thing, hiring from the local dregs and amazingly watches and jewelry boxes were not safe in the Distribution Center...
    This isn't exactly related, but I worked in a shipping warehouse when I was young, and guys used to throw stuff in the dumpster and then grab it on their way out.
    The manager was a friend of mine and I told him what I was seeing with the somewhat regular theft of small quantities of merchandise.
    He told me management knew about the theft and they deliberately allowed it to happen to keep their low wage employees happy.
    From their perspective the company made more money allowing the theft than they would if they hired more expensive honest employees.
    It was a real education for me at the time.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    70
    Posts
    5,187
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Ran the documentation section of a small seaport. Break-bulk cargo ship came in (this was before everything was containerized), local longshoremen unloaded the vessel. Every now and then we'd have to remind the workers not to go whole hog on pilfering the booze in the shipment. One or two bottles each, okay, but nothing more. Just the cost of offloading a ship as quickly as possible, and our goal was to get them in and out within 24 hours, or less.

    400 firearms, however, is something different.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,800
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: 400 guns stolen from UPS in TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Ran the documentation section of a small seaport. Break-bulk cargo ship came in (this was before everything was containerized), local longshoremen unloaded the vessel. Every now and then we'd have to remind the workers not to go whole hog on pilfering the booze in the shipment. One or two bottles each, okay, but nothing more. Just the cost of offloading a ship as quickly as possible, and our goal was to get them in and out within 24 hours, or less.

    400 firearms, however, is something different.
    I used to see containers delivered with holes punched through the top with a sledge hammer.
    Everything within arms reach of the hole was taken leaving a small empty cavity of missing merchandise in the container.
    Was told it happens on the ship during the crossing all the time, there is no way to track down the thieves, just ignored as a cost of doing business.
    I agree the guns are a different matter.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Guns stolen
    By priell3 in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2016, 06:49 PM
  2. Stolen guns
    By JLBIII in forum Montgomery
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
  3. Stolen guns
    By RJH245 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
  4. Two guns stolen...
    By Chazman321 in forum General
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: October 31st, 2008, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops