Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 10/1/18 FOAC ALERT: EVERYONE CALL SENATE COMMITTEE *NOW* ANTI GUN HB2060 VOTE TOD

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    So it passed as written? No ammendments? Where's it go next?
    I'm going to talk to the FOAC guys today and then post what they tell me.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 10/1/18 FOAC ALERT: EVERYONE CALL SENATE COMMITTEE *NOW* ANTI GUN HB2060 VOTE TOD

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I'm going to talk to the FOAC guys today and then post what they tell me.
    The FOAC guys will let us know the next most effective thing we can do either tonight or in the morning.

(Lancaster County)

Here is what's happening. First consideration was rammed through yesterday after the committee vote so all chances to amend the bill have been lost unless we can delay today's var. Vote. Please call all senators and ask them to demand an extra day to review the legislation so amendments can be made if necessary. If this doesn't happen it will become law

(Montgomery County)

HB2060 referred back to Appropriations Committee, performed as a special order of business, fast tracked.
    No debate, no vote.
    Senate at recess for caucus meetings.

(Montgomery County)

HB2060 reported back from committee with a special order of business and placed on a supplemental calendar.
    Fast tracked.

(Montgomery County)

Senate at recess until tomorrow, Wednesday at 11:00AM.

(Montgomery County)

GOA sent out an 11th hour alert for another round of emails, I will type it up and post it.

(Lancaster County)

Just a quick update... The powers-that-be in the Republican Party has really stabbed Us in the back on this one. This feels like a freight train that can't be stopped but we're working to try to salvage something out of it. There might be a little bit of good news in the end it's a work in progress. Sometimes you just need to lick your wounds and move on to the next fight. Keep the pressure on today and hopefully we will get something out of this! People are working tirelessly in the background...

(Montgomery County)

I saw the FOAC alert.
    I'm typing up a fresh post with links to ask people to call.

(Allegheny County)

email alert from FOAC leadership on Oct 2, 2018 11:45pm

After days of gun owner pressure, along with the concerted pressure of Sen. Reschenthaler and other Senators like Sen. Bartolotta, the Pennsylvania Senate will be considering an amendment by Sen. Eichelberger to HB 2060.

This amendment will restore "friends" as a source to surrender or relinquish firearms after a PFA has been imposed.

Once again we need your help in the guise of phone calls and emails Senate in support of Sen. Eichelberger's amendment. It is still being drafted so I do not have an amendment number.

If this amendment is included in the bill and passed by the Senate then FOAC will take a neutral position on this legislation but only if, and I repeat, if this legislation is amended with Sen. Eichelberger's amendment!

We need your help tomorrow morning (Wednesday, October 3rd) to put pressure on the Senators in support of Sen. Eichelberger and his amendment!

This is a highly critical alert and we do not have much time to work on the Senate.

Please target all of the Republicans with your e-mails and phone calls in the Pennsylvania Senate and Sen. Brewster (D) and Sen. Yudichak (D).

You can find them all at this link: https://foac-pac.org/PA-Legislator-Info .

If you are an active FOAC member you can sign into the FOAC website and go to your member's area for ALL of the Senate e-mails in one block.

You've all been wonderful and highly supportive and we deeply appreciate all your hard work!

Yours in Freedom,
    Kim Stolfer, President
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast