Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: FOAC Harrisburg volunteers needed *NOW* to counter paid daily anti gun intimidati

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Thank you everyone that is offering to help and go to Harrisburg.
    Based on the actions taken with HB2060, all indications are that the Republican leadership made a backroom deal to ram it through no matter what.

The Senate Judiciary Committee passed it as committed with no changes almost unanimously, including the pro gun Republicans on the committee.
    Then the Republican leadership rammed it through First Consideration right out of committee without even bringing it to the floor.
    Then they immediately referred it in/out of Appropriations Committee, and fast tracked it through Second Consideration with a Special Order of Business and no debate.
    All indications are that at 11:00AM tomorrow they plan to immediately fast track it and pass it.

Given the aggressive actions taken by the Republican leadership it would be a wasted effort to travel to Harrisburg tomorrow.
    Better to save the effort for when it will be more productive.

If the Republicans move another anti gun bill on October 15, 16, 17 then going to Harrisburg that week would be a good idea.

People can still help by calling the Republican leadership and telling them we are watching their actions closely and we know they lied to us and betrayed our trust.
    People can also help by sending an email to their State Senator through the GOA ALERT that I will post in about an hour.
    I will put a link in this thread when I post the GOA ALERT information.

It may seem useless to call and write, but it lets the Republicans know that we are completely aware of what they are doing and we do not approve.
    It also gives them pause if they are thinking of ramming through HB2227 in the last days of the current legislative session.

I am putting together an effort to make regular scheduled trips to Harrisburg starting in the next legislative session.
    This will establish a presence to counter Bloomberg's paid gun ban lobbyists that are now constantly in the Capitol intimidating the Republican legislators.

Anyone that wants to help can let me know they want to participate in the scheduled Harrisburg presence starting next session.
    Short of paying lobbyists to counter Bloomberg's lobbyists, a regular rotation of volunteers in Harrisburg is probably our best option while also continuing our calls and emails.
    Again I say thank you to everyone who understands we need to increase our political involvement, and is willing to volunteer their time and effort to get it done.
    Bern-
    I can commit to helping with this.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: FOAC Harrisburg volunteers needed *NOW* to counter paid daily anti gun intimidati

If I can get a bit of a heads up beforehand I can help. My schedule looks to be changing next month and I would have off every Thursday and Friday if it all works out.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks guys, I will keep you informed as this gets put together.
    Anyone else that wants to help just post it here and I will follow up.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Posted in the other thread but will reiterate here that I can sign up for lobbying days.

Bern I can also help you manage/coordinate the volunteering. We could get a good old fashioned phone chain setup when there needs to be a rapid presence in Harrisburg.

Other ideas would be perhaps stealing a page from the antis book and get matching t-shirts as well as distributing aligned talking points so everyone is on the same page beforehand and know the facts.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Posted in the other thread but will reiterate here that I can sign up for lobbying days.

Bern I can also help you manage/coordinate the volunteering. We could get a good old fashioned phone chain setup when there needs to be a rapid presence in Harrisburg.

Other ideas would be perhaps stealing a page from the antis book and get matching t-shirts as well as distributing aligned talking points so everyone is on the same page beforehand and know the facts.
    I was just going to go straight to hookers and blow...

Thanks very much.
    All good ideas.
    We will get it organized and moving soon.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I will take off for the next rally/protest. This is very important.

(Lancaster County)

It doesn't have to be a rally or protest. I've taking days when I had time and just went and visited office up there looking for co-sponsors for bills that will do us good, and it works... find something you're passionate about and there do the work! If you need help to document things it's available for the asking. We need a presence up there. The paid activist from the other side are there all the time and it impresses the legislators when someone takes their own time without any expectation of compensation to be there.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    It doesn't have to be a rally or protest. I've taking days when I had time and just went and visited office up there looking for co-sponsors for bills that will do us good, and it works... find something you're passionate about and there do the work! If you need help to document things it's available for the asking. We need a presence up there. The paid activist from the other side are there all the time and it impresses the legislators when someone takes their own time without any expectation of compensation to be there.
    Since the super-secret "FOAC may go neutral on HB2060 for a specific amendment" fell through, will FOAC be stripping endorsements from Senators who voted "Yes" for the bill as passed?

If not, WHY not?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Since the super-secret "FOAC may go neutral on HB2060 for a specific amendment" fell through, will FOAC be stripping endorsements from Senators who voted "Yes" for the bill as passed?

If not, WHY not?
    Greg there's nothing super secret about FOAC our meetings are open to the public. Now if you want to talk to me with a little bit of respect and not be combative I'd be glad to...

(Lancaster County)

To answer the question, yes they will lose their endorsement. A few instances will be different because they worked with us on the amendment. This was a whole different beast in the senate. It was difficult subject matter and leadership should be ashamed for running this right before an election. Some districts from the house and senate might be getting mailers targeted at voters in their district. We're pretty pissed...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast