Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    altoona, Pennsylvania
    (Blair County)
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    1226992

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh308 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations everybody. I should have mentioned that I plan to reload most of the ammo for this, which steers me away from Glocks and their unsupported chamber.
    As for the use....I dunno....I have most of them covered, so this is just something I wanna experiment with. So, "range toy" I guess.

    Sig 220 looks great but theyre pricey.

    While I prefer SA/DA, im not opposed to the 1911 format, and Kimber makes a stainless target longslide which is in my price range. Anybody have experience with one of those?
    I just buy new brass every time. Not as cheap as reloading my cases....but makes it about the same as buying cheap 9mm ammo, for top quality and hot loaded ammo.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    662
    Rep Power
    413462

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    If your only objection to Glocks is the bulged case, just buy and use a KKM barrel.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    altoona, Pennsylvania
    (Blair County)
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    1226992

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    If your only objection to Glocks is the bulged case, just buy and use a KKM barrel.
    yeah I agree, Honestly i dont ever see bulges and would probably feel safe to reload them with a little less power, The main problem is most of my 10s shoot the brass 15 to 20 feet. If im at an outside range i dont want to search for it.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    yeah I agree, Honestly i dont ever see bulges and would probably feel safe to reload them with a little less power, The main problem is most of my 10s shoot the brass 15 to 20 feet. If im at an outside range i dont want to search for it.
    I keep my ATV next to me so I can drive to the 10mm brass

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,111
    Rep Power
    5028241

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    The 3rd gen Smiths are great guns in all calibers, but 10mm is where it's at. I have a S&W 1076 and I love it. I've shot it in a few matches and it's been fantastic. Unfortunately, S&W doesn't stock parts for them anymore, so I find myself shooting it less.

    Next 10mm on my list is the Ruger GP100 Match Champion. After that is the Witness Stock III. Figure I need another semi-auto 10mm to fill the niche of the 1076. I can't think of a better option.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,111
    Rep Power
    5028241

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh308 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations everybody. I should have mentioned that I plan to reload most of the ammo for this, which steers me away from Glocks and their unsupported chamber.
    As for the use....I dunno....I have most of them covered, so this is just something I wanna experiment with. So, "range toy" I guess.

    Sig 220 looks great but theyre pricey.

    While I prefer SA/DA, im not opposed to the 1911 format, and Kimber makes a stainless target longslide which is in my price range. Anybody have experience with one of those?
    Sig makes the TacOps in 10mm. They can be had for around $1000. There's one on Gunbroker for $950 right now. I would buy that before a Kimber. Hell, I'd buy a Hi-Point in 40 S&W and convert it to 10mm before I'd buy a Kimber, lol.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Clearfield, Pennsylvania
    (Clearfield County)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    178344

    Default Re: 10mm pistol recommendations

    We have three 10mms; Sig P220, Ruger SRH, and a 1911. The Sig has the best chamber support I have seen in a factory barrel and it is accurate. The 1911 is good but I prefer the Sig. The S. Redhawk is my current favorite. Very pleasant to shoot, hits hard, and VERY accurate. It groups just over 2" @ 50 yards. The other plus is you don't have to chase brass!


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. CC pistol recommendations?
    By jaseman in forum Pistols
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: December 31st, 2014, 09:56 AM
  2. CC Pistol Recommendations
    By Bhubb3rd in forum Pistols
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
  3. Recommendations for 22 LR pistol
    By Retired S/A in forum Pistols
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 20th, 2011, 06:12 PM
  4. 10mm Pistol,10mm Ammo
    By 40user in forum Pistols
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 06:00 AM
  5. Recommendations for a 45 cal pistol
    By greenlama in forum General
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: December 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops