Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Sunday Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    Has not the farming advocacy groups been the biggest opponent of Sunday hunting? If so, has provisions in proposed law been made to allow farmers to close their property to Sunday hunting but allow it the other 6 days of the week without losing participation in Game Commission programs?
    Yes the biggest opponent is the PA Farm Bureau. ALL PRIVATE LAND OWNERS can restrict access to their property and not allow hunting on SUnday or Hunting period. NO ONE is trying to force any one to allow hunting on Sunday. No ONE is required to allow Sunday Hunting if Senate Bill #1202 is passed. The Bill will simply remove the Prohibition on Sunday Hunting and then the PA Game Commission will decide how Sunday hunting would be implemented. Senate Bill #1202 has language that addresses the concerns of Farmers by strengthening Trespassing LAWs. I think ALL PA Landowners benefit from stronger Trespassing laws.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    The Farm Bureau is the biggest obstacle to Sunday hunting. Every PGC meeting their legislative rep complains about deer damage while opposing Sunday hunting. They represent a small percentage of the farmers but must have some big bucks to spread around that keeps the reptiles in the legislature from voting for Sunday hunting. They even oppose Sunday hunting on SGL and state forests. They know that is how it was fully implemented in other states. Once people saw all the terrible things about Sunday hunting didn't happen it was no longer an issue.
    There is right NOW one REPUBLICAN SENATOR - Patrick J. Stefano who is the CHAIR of the SENATE COMMITTEE on Game and Fish that is preventing this Senate Bill #1202 from moving out of Committee to be presented to the General Assembly for a vote. This ONE SENATOR is where the hyperfocus of effort and energy for those hoping to see Sunday HUnting in PA needs to be. He really needs to hear from ALL who are in favor of Sunday Hunting.

However, he is not the only one. The focus also needs to be during the 2019 legislative session. We need to also Tell our own State Senators and Congress People that we favor Sunday HUnting. We also need to specifically contact the Senate Majority and Minority leaders and tell them we want Sunday Hunting. We need to use the energy of the Nov. Elections to engage out elected representatives in the issue.

(Warren County)

Not trying to crap on your agenda, but I live in the boonies.

Call me crazy, but I like one day of quiet and safety per week.

Deer season around here is a noisy time and you better wear orange if you go anywhere near the woods, even on your own land.

Status Quo suits me fine.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Not trying to crap on your agenda, but I live in the boonies.

Call me crazy, but I like one day of quiet and safety per week.

Deer season around here is a noisy time and you better wear orange if you go anywhere near the woods, even on your own land.

Status Quo suits me fine.
    I appreciate your concern. The Deer Rifle Season in PA is two weeks the last week in Nov. and the First Week in Dec. Sunday Hunting During the PA Deer Rifle Season means TWO additional Sundays. The bigger picture is the impact that Sunday Hunting Prohibition has on Hunting License Sales and Hunter Recruitment. Less license sales means less money to fund Conservation in the Wild Places of PA. The removal of the Prohibition on Sunday would mean more time for many people to hunt and likely increase license sales and hunter recruitment. This additionally would benefit gun owners in this time of struggle for our 2nd Amendment rights because more hunters likely means more NRA members and people likely to side with PRO-2nd Amendment Rights issues.

(Dauphin County)

Was every Sunday this bow season the absolute best day of the week to hunt or What??

As I've said numerous times. The PGC could start the firearm deer season on Saturday, like every other season, and get three Saturdays out of the same two week season.
    License sales would improve immediately. Then they could go from there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    As I've said numerous times. The PGC could start the firearm deer season on Saturday, like every other season, and get three Saturdays out of the same two week season.
    License sales would improve immediately. Then they could go from there.
    I am strongly in support of allowing Sunday hunting but have long been strongly against moving the firearms season opener to a Saturday.

Moving the opening day of firearms season to a Saturday would completely ruin MY family dynamic of hunting camp. We MUCH prefer to head up state on Friday morning, take our time and relax in camp, hunt small game and turkey on Friday afternoon or Saturday, double check guns/scopes at the range, watch football on Sunday, then begin our family hunt on Monday. Camp lasts as many days of the week as it takes to harvest deer or until each member has decided to head home.

I’m not saying that this is everyone’s standpoint, just mine. Currently I am not concerned with what others would like. So, for the record: I am all for allowing Sunday hunting but don’t F up my family tradition of having a Monday firearms opener.

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    PA folks can't hunt on Sundays? Geez, move to freedom areas, like NJ where we can bow hunt on Sundays
    Or NY where you can hunt on Sunday with a semi-automatic rifle.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Mifflin County)

I don't get why PGC caters to the farmers , farmers don't allow you on their land unless you are family , friend or employed there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    I don't get why PGC caters to the farmers , farmers don't allow you on their land unless you are family , friend or employed there.
    PGC does not cater to the farmers and in fact is supportive of Sunday Hunting. Sunday hunting is regulated by the state legislature. Bills have been introduced to give the PGC control over Sunday hunting but have not been passed. Write your state senator and representative and tell them you want Sunday hunting.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast