Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Not in NJ, MD, CT or NY, USA
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    1615191

    Default Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    I currently own a Big Boy Henry in .357. Am interested in the All Weather version but am struggling with the price tag of about $850. My question is do you all think this is a fair price for this relatively new rifle? Can I expect the price to drop in the near future? I think a fair price for the All Weather version is $718, what I paid a year ago for the Big Boy version (which, is much nicer, brass, octagonal barrel). Any feedback is very much appreciated.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,900
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I currently own a Big Boy Henry in .357. Am interested in the All Weather version but am struggling with the price tag of about $850. My question is do you all think this is a fair price for this relatively new rifle? Can I expect the price to drop in the near future? I think a fair price for the All Weather version is $718, what I paid a year ago for the Big Boy version (which, is much nicer, brass, octagonal barrel). Any feedback is very much appreciated.
    In my experience buying the latest and greatest usually has a premium attached to it. Once the 'newness' wears off, it will drop to a competitive price as the market matures. What this price is is dependent on demand. For instance the new Sig P365 has held up well because there is still a good demand for it. Other guns drop much more quickly. If you wait, I would expect a better price to arrive eventually. If you has to have it now, you must pay the price.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Power
    5028241

    Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    Henry's don't go down much in price over time. You can find a deal if you look around, though - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...136?upc_only=1
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,836
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Henry's don't go down much in price over time. You can find a deal if you look around, though - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...136?upc_only=1
    I agree, when I bought my Big Boy in .357 mag 7 years ago is was just over $600.00 new, now they are well over $700.00. Since it's a lever action in the day and age of taticool must have's I don't see any new gotta have it factor on this one. This is for hunters and backpackers which is not a real big group of people as compared the taticool mall ninja crowds.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    4371148

    Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    Check out the used market. I saw one LNIB at my LGS for $721.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    4371148

    Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Check out the used market. I saw one LNIB at my LGS for $721.
    Which I went back and bought. Would have rathered one chambered in 44 mag but this will do for now.

Similar Threads

  1. WTB a Henry lever action .22
    By PA1749 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 31st, 2008, 09:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops