Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

I currently own a Big Boy Henry in .357. Am interested in the All Weather version but am struggling with the price tag of about $850. My question is do you all think this is a fair price for this relatively new rifle? Can I expect the price to drop in the near future? I think a fair price for the All Weather version is $718, what I paid a year ago for the Big Boy version (which, is much nicer, brass, octagonal barrel). Any feedback is very much appreciated.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Henry All Weather Lever Action .357

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I currently own a Big Boy Henry in .357. Am interested in the All Weather version but am struggling with the price tag of about $850. My question is do you all think this is a fair price for this relatively new rifle? Can I expect the price to drop in the near future? I think a fair price for the All Weather version is $718, what I paid a year ago for the Big Boy version (which, is much nicer, brass, octagonal barrel). Any feedback is very much appreciated.
    In my experience buying the latest and greatest usually has a premium attached to it. Once the 'newness' wears off, it will drop to a competitive price as the market matures. What this price is is dependent on demand. For instance the new Sig P365 has held up well because there is still a good demand for it. Other guns drop much more quickly. If you wait, I would expect a better price to arrive eventually. If you has to have it now, you must pay the price.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Henry's don't go down much in price over time. You can find a deal if you look around, though - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...136?upc_only=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Henry's don't go down much in price over time. You can find a deal if you look around, though - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...136?upc_only=1
    I agree, when I bought my Big Boy in .357 mag 7 years ago is was just over $600.00 new, now they are well over $700.00. Since it's a lever action in the day and age of taticool must have's I don't see any new gotta have it factor on this one. This is for hunters and backpackers which is not a real big group of people as compared the taticool mall ninja crowds.

Check out the used market. I saw one LNIB at my LGS for $721.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Check out the used market. I saw one LNIB at my LGS for $721.
    Which I went back and bought. Would have rathered one chambered in 44 mag but this will do for now.