Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Question about my rights

When you are carrying a gun, you need to learn to be the bigger man, and walk away. Or in this case drive away. Emotions have landed more people in jail than you could ever realize.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Your spelling is atrocious. There's a little gizmo called a Spell Checker built into the word processing function on this forum. If you enter a word and it has a squiggly red line underneath it, it's misspelled. Right click on the word to get it spelled correctly. The Oxford English Dictionary lists some 228,132 words in the English language. Memorize them. Learn to spell them correctly. There'll be a test on Friday.
    Was that really necessary?

There is a difference between having a little fun with someone's spelling (which I often do, I freely admit) and just being a total prick about it.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    When you are carrying a gun, you need to learn to be the bigger man, and walk away. Or in this case drive away. Emotions have landed more people in jail than you could ever realize.

This here is a lot of smart...
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

1. People accidentally cut off others every day. It happens. Deal with it.

2. Chill out. The other driver's problem is not your problem.

3. Don't yell at other drivers. Your sidearm may be holstered, theirs might not be.

Lastly,

Your spelling is atrocious. There's a little gizmo called a Spell Checker built into the word processing function on this forum. If you enter a word and it has a squiggly red line underneath it, it's misspelled. Right click on the word to get it spelled correctly. The Oxford English Dictionary lists some 228,132 words in the English language. Memorize them. Learn to spell them correctly. There'll be a test on Friday.
    He did it on his phone. He must have cleaned it up really good, it seemed ok when I got to it.

Free was pretty good.

I would add that in situations like this, you call the police and report the driver getting out of his car at the light and approaching your car and demanding you get out. Tell them the circumstance of his viewing your gun and his reaction. First one to report is often looked at like the truthful one.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

That's better.

I really have no legal insights on this and I concur with most everything already stated by others.

When I started carrying, I gave up all that cussing and finger flipping, because the last thing I wanted was to have to shoot some asshole because he couldn't deal with "the bird" and was going to beat me to death over it.

Be thankful you weren't dragged off in cuffs because I fully expected that was where the story was headed after reading similar tales in the past.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

There is a difference between having a little fun with someone's spelling (which I often do, I freely admit) and just being a total prick about it.
    One or two words, yes, but the OP went overboard. I'm sorry, but it made the OP look like an uneducated goober, which I'm sure he's not.

(Allegheny County)

I'm sorry, but it made the OP look like an uneducated goober, which I'm sure he's not.
    Well maybe he is (I really don't know)! If so, he certainly wouldn't be the only one on here.

Personally, my policy (which, quite possibly, doesn't have 100% compliance) is along the lines of, "first response to someone who seems to be seeking genuine help about something serious, especially on something actually related to firearms, try to be serious and refrain from having any fun with it." To that end, I bit my lip hard on "cereal number".

As for the OP - this appears to be a warning shot across the bow - work harder to avoid road rage when carrying a gun. Be glad you had this opportunity to make the necessary adjustments and carry on accordingly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I would add that in situations like this, you call the police and report the driver getting out of his car at the light and approaching your car and demanding you get out. Tell them the circumstance of his viewing your gun and his reaction. First one to report is often looked at like the truthful one.
    I considered that, but it conflicts with the "don't talk to the police" policy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

Yes, it was absolutely necessary! There are veterans on this forum, and we NEED a steady dose of sarcasm! If we don’t get it, we turn into nothing better than the guy that shaves you in the morning.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    ^^^this. Always file a report if you've got to use a gun defensively. If you don't, you may be viewed as the aggressor. One of our other forum members learned this the hard way, and was forced to spend a few days off of work while it got cleared up.

The only thing I would have done differently was to not let them in the house. They could have pulled your LTCF from their laptops, and there was no reason to see your firearm or run the serial number, especially once they agreed you had used it defensively and the other guy was the one who exited vehicle.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast