Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: H.B. 2669

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: H.B. 2669

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I don't see this going anywhere.

As stated it was written by a jackass who clearly either A) has no clue about Pa firearms law, and has no idea this already illegal without a LTCF. or B) the most likely IMO, nothing more than drama to be used as click bait for anti polls and continue to mislead the sheep that is somehow currently a lawful activity without restriction.
    Actually it is intentionally written in a confusing manner to make it sound benign, but is intended to screw LTCF folks. Who can complain about people wantonly carrying loaded weapons in cars. Haven't you heard or road rage? Of course the fact it is NOW illegal without a permit is ignored... BUT don't t let facts get in the way.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Actually it is intentionally written in a confusing manner to make it sound benign, but is intended to screw LTCF folks. Who can complain about people wantonly carrying loaded weapons in cars. Haven't you heard or road rage? Of course the fact it is NOW illegal without a permit is ignored... BUT don't t let facts get in the way.
    Agreed.
    It's a Bloomberg bill delivered through Moms Demand/Ceasefire and introduced by one of their paid for legislators.
    The confusing language in the bill is deliberate, just as was done with HB2060.
    All of these bills need to be taken seriously as part of a far reaching and well funded effort to regulate guns out of the population one restriction at a time.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Then it's blatant stupidity. Because it's not going to sneak through. It's glaringly obvious that the law is intentionally vague, and has zero chance of getting through in it's current form. So in the end it will only serve as I outlined in my post, and he can bemoan the failure of yet another bill, as anti's love to do.

My bigger concern is that this is just smoke and mirrors made to rile people like us up, and distract us (or waste our energy) from other legislation that a better chance of gaining traction.

(Bucks County)

The voter has the say eventually. Keep the voters confused and ill-informed and eventually the goal will be met. These bills with no chance add up to a list of efforts to "do something about guns" to the average unwashed. So others climb aboard. Time is on their side, since the human inclination is to pay attention to the negative aspects of the human condition. That's why news is mostly negative events.

Until the SCOTUS firmly declares, nine in agreement, that the 2nd Amendment is what was intended, this shit will go on and on. Not that I agree that we should be ruled by a nine-(persons) oligarchy, but that seems to be where we are.

The NRA used to be an honorable institute with valuable output. Today it is reduced to defending. Money that once went to education and safety is now spent on legal matters. It's a wear-down process, and it is deliberate.

Societies ruled by dictators have all suffered prohibitions of weapons. Some responded by developing martial arts disguised as dancing. I don't think that would work today. Even more reason to NOT GIVE AN INCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well let's hope this one dies a very quick death.
    The sponsor or the bill?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Delaware County)

comitta_goodjob.JPG

She's really tackling the issues in Chestco by putting the onus on law abiding citizens. #5 most dangerous PA area.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHL9mm View Post
    comitta_goodjob.JPG

She's really tackling the issues in Chestco by putting the onus on law abiding citizens. #5 most dangerous PA area.
    That's this guy's cousin...cousin.jpg

(Delaware County)

Chester, PA is not Chester County. Still learning the area.

(Delaware County)

The woman who is sponsoring this bill is from West Chester. I doubt she ever drives through the Badlands of Philly like I do. Her Bill would make it legal for a carjacker who is walking to be armed,but punish me,a permit holder for having my gun in my car. Liberalism is truly a mental disorder.

(Delaware County)

This is in response to the road race incident between the high school girl and Dave desper.It happened in 2016 in West Chester. Stupid Bill.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast