Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H.B. 2669

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down H.B. 2669

"H.B. 2669 would prohibit a person from carrying a loaded firearm in any vehicle, with the exception of firearms related to game hunting, law enforcement, military personnel or security drivers. A person who is found carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle would be charged with a misdemeanor for a first offense, and a first-degree misdemeanor for a second or subsequent offense."

https://www.delcotimes.com/news/bian...ign=user-share

Does not say if it would be a crime still if you have an LTCF. I'm guessing that since it is a moron making the law, that it would still be a crime.

Default Re: H.B. 2669

But think of all the drive-by shootings this would prevent.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wayne County)

With the exception of carrying a firearm with a LTCF, you aren't allowed to carry a firearm loaded in a vehicle related to game hunting anyway. So this is just more poorly drafted drivel by people who don't understand what the hell they are talking about. (And that isn't even addressing the central theme of the bill, which is equally stupid)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Columbia County)

Unfortunately , this bill might get the endorsement from the " carry with a empty chamber" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    "H.B. 2669 would prohibit a person from carrying a loaded firearm in any vehicle, with the exception of firearms related to game hunting, law enforcement, military personnel or security drivers. A person who is found carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle would be charged with a misdemeanor for a first offense, and a first-degree misdemeanor for a second or subsequent offense."

https://www.delcotimes.com/news/bian...ign=user-share

Does not say if it would be a crime still if you have an LTCF. I'm guessing that since it is a moron making the law, that it would still be a crime.
    There is no exception for having an LTCF, the only exception is for cops and Act 235 armed guards. This nullifies your LTCF for most purposes. You might be able to carry an unloaded gun in a vehicle if you have an LTCF, but not a loaded gun.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Unfortunately , this bill might get the endorsement from the " carry with a empty chamber" crowd.
    Why would you say that? An empty chamber is not an unloaded gun, you'd have to remove all cartridges from the gun, and if it's mag-fed you'd have to keep the loaded mags in a separate compartment.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

I was at the capitol yesterday when Hughes was announcing this. I walked up to him right as he was getting on camera and asked if he realized that LTCF holders were less likely by statistics to commit a crime than police officers. He was not impressed LOL

(Adams County)

When I walked by, there were more cameras there than people in the "audience" and by the time the speechifying ended they were down to only 2 cameras left.

But then I've already seen clips about this on two different local newscasts.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

I’m confused here, are they looking to pass this in order to render ones LTCF useless without having to say they want to take away the LTCF?

If this were to pass would it infact Render it almost useless like open carry without a LTCF by screwing with the transport laws?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’m confused here, are they looking to pass this in order to render ones LTCF useless without having to say they want to take away the LTCF?

If this were to pass would it infact Render it almost useless like open carry without a LTCF by screwing with the transport laws?
    Who knows... language is very vague. Using a tragedy to further their agenda. surprise surprise surprise

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Who knows... language is very vague. Using a tragedy to further their agenda. surprise surprise surprise
    Well let's hope this one dies a very quick death.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast