Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Exeter Township residents complain about noise from University Rifle Club

(Berks County)

Default Re: Exeter Township residents complain about noise from University Rifle Club

That is a nice range, I hope they win that battle. People move in next to pig farms, airports, rifle ranges, etc then want to force them out, that bullshit gets under my skin.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Exeter Township residents complain about noise from University Rifle Club

"This is also 400 yards away from a school," Wentzel said. "We're in a different environment now and if there was ever an active shooter (at Owatin Creek Elementary School), the kids would be confused because they are used to hearing the gunshots all day long. The frequency and the times (of shooting) are interfering with our ability to raise our families."
    Well then freaking move.

(Northampton County)

I am not surprised by this crap , I was member back in the early 80's when I lived in Mt. Penn, looks like they have updated the range quite bit ,houses were popping up all around the range back then. Not surprised by anti gun types trying to shut it down. It was 300 yards back then and one of the nicest ranges around.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Exeter should float a bond to pay for silencers and the NFA tax for every member, in all the appropriate calibers.

This is why PA law grandfathers shooting ranges, because too many developers built housing developments around existing nuisances and then complained about the nuisances. They buy land cheap because it's near an airport or slaughterhouse, and then they want to get the pre-existing enterprise banned so that the adjacent land is worth more.

". . . if there was ever an active shooter (at Owatin Creek Elementary School), the kids would be confused because they are used to hearing the gunshots all day long."

I'm pretty sure that kids inside a school are going to be confused if there's an active shooter killing them, no matter what.

If school kids are too dumb to figure out that shooting from the range 400 yards away, and outside, sounds different than shooting and screaming in the hallways indoors, then we're spending way too much on trying to educate these kids. And we need different teachers and administrators.

Besides, there are over 98,000 K-12 schools in the USA, and we have maybe 1-2 school shootings per year (using sane numbers, not the inflated anti-gun numbers that include gang shootings at 2 AM a block away.) Your kids have about the same chance of being killed in a a school shooting as being killed by a grizzly bear, and I don't see soccer moms worrying about having enough bear spray.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Not sure, but I believe this crap was one of the reasons New Hanover Airport near Boyertown shut down years ago. Nothing elaborate, just a grass field with a small hanger. Skydiving was their big draw, Channel 6 weatherman Jim O'Brien died jumping there. But developments started popping up, and suddenly it was gone. It's a WaWa now. Sad.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

Just don't move there then.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Not sure, but I believe this crap was one of the reasons New Hanover Airport near Boyertown shut down years ago. Nothing elaborate, just a grass field with a small hanger. Skydiving was their big draw, Channel 6 weatherman Jim O'Brien died jumping there. But developments started popping up, and suddenly it was gone. It's a WaWa now. Sad.
    I remember that.
    What was the last thing that went through his mind? His feet. OH! (rim shot).
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Could be but I'm not sure. I heard it was because the property was sold for business use.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I am a member of URC. The range is no secret as the article stated. This is another anti gun bash attempt by a few residents. While the distance at the range has gone from 300 yards to 600 yards, the targets have moved farther out. The firing lines have not moved.

The alleged noise at the "property line" is irrelevant. I will suggest to the president that the noise levels be checked, while the Exeter P.D. is on the range qualifying. What will the residents say about their own P.D. making the noise? This should put the anti gunners in a quandary. They don't like guns, and they don't like noise however, they want people to respond with guns. What to do? What to do?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast