Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Exeter Township residents complain about noise from University Rifle Club

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    An excellent idea. What a great way to instill manners in the police dept.
    If it saves just one dog's life....

Default Re: Exeter Township residents complain about noise from University Rifle Club

I’ve seen a few google reviews left on this club and what must be locals trying to ban the club. One could easily point out that they should have known they were buying a house next to a gun club that’s been there over a 100 years. If they didn’t know, I’d guess their real estate agent was shady or the buyers are dumbasses thinking they can just ban a preexisting range.

(Chester County)

Seems pretty clear cut provided they comply with the 1951 local noise ordinance, if any

35 PS § 4501. General immunity for noise

All owners of rifle, pistol, silhouette, skeet, trap, blackpowder or other ranges in this Commonwealth shall be exempt and immune from any civil action or criminal prosecution in any matter relating to noise or noise pollution resulting from the normal and accepted shooting activity on ranges, provided that the owners of the ranges are in compliance with any applicable noise control laws or ordinances extant at the time construction of the range was initiated. If there were no noise control laws or ordinances extant at the time construction of the range was initiated, then the immunity granted by this act shall apply to said ranges.

35 PS § 4502. Nuisances and injunction

The owners of the ranges shall not be subject to any action for nuisance, and no court in this Commonwealth shall enjoin the use or operation of the ranges on the basis of noise or noise pollution, provided that the owners of the ranges are in compliance with any applicable noise control laws or ordinances extant at the time construction of the range was initiated. If there were no noise control laws or ordinances extant at the time construction of the range was initiated, then the immunity granted by this act shall apply to said ranges.
    IANAL

someone tell me where's there's cheap property around a farm, or airport, or gun range, so I can buy it, especially the latter.
    I don't care if it's stinky or noisy, I just want to be able to sit on my porch in my underwear and take 300yd shots all day long.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    someone tell me where's there's cheap property around a farm, or airport, or gun range, so I can buy it, especially the latter.
    I don't care if it's stinky or noisy, I just want to be able to sit on my porch in my underwear and take 300yd shots all day long.
    Pro: There are two gun ranges within hearing distance from my house (can see one) and farms on all sides.
    Con: See my location information.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Pro: There are two gun ranges within hearing distance from my house (can see one) and farms on all sides.
    Con: See my location information.
    Be very careful, comrade, it's the DPRNY.
    The Democratic Peoples Republic of New York.
    Pay attention or you may get a visit from the local committee.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Students at a nearby school will be endangered because they'll be used to gun fire and not realize that a school shooting is taking place? Really. That's a worry in today's world?

The next meeting of the Exeter twp. supervisors, should be real interesting.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Any updates on this? I’ve always considered joining even though it’s a hike from the city. I went on google maps to check out the distance and noticed google pulled the location down 🤨. I mentioned before locals were bitching about it in their google reviews b/c of “noise” and I guess google pulled the range from being searchable now.

(Berks County)

I haven't heard anything and I was able to find it in a search with no problem.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast