Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default We need to activate all members to HB2060

Can we get obligations to send all info asap to gun ranges, gun owners, Facebook, Twitter, etc? We need to compile links to easily connect with reps and the senate. Urge we all do our parts in getting the word out now.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: We need to activate all members to HB2060

are we able to stop it? reading other threads on this infers that it passed the HR side & I think there will be little resistence on the Senate side!

(Westmoreland County)

Word is that the NRA is "neutral" about HB2060.

They totally oppose the Red Flag nonsense. Probably that will sit in idle until we have another mass shooting, one that is notorious enough for Bloomberg to rally his Astroturf Army.

(Monroe County)

This is no different than the current PFA process. The spouse gets a PFA against her husband and they go over to collect his guns. I have seen it happen.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    This is no different than the current PFA process. The spouse gets a PFA against her husband and they go over to collect his guns. I have seen it happen.
    It is very different. You have the option to surrender your guns legally to a friend or family member outside your home. With this bill no longer. A 60 day period to do so has been reduced to 24 hours and it takes away any judges discretion. Manditory surrender on a permanent PFA

(Adams County)

Now that the carnage is over, what next? Here's what I would like to see. We need to immediately work to make sure that Reed & Turzai lose their seats in November. If that means handing a couple of seats to the Demonrats for 2 years, so be it. Then on 7 Nov start working to find ONE viable primary challenger to any of the traitors who are still in office for the next election cycle. (Needs to be only one challenger, with as many people as possible uniting behind the one candidate. Otherwise they will divide the opposition between as many challengers as possible to retain their position.)

We need a show of strength to demonstrate that betrayal has consequences. Maintaining the status quo will guarantee we continue to lose what little of the 2nd we have left.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    Now that the carnage is over, what next? Here's what I would like to see. We need to immediately work to make sure that Reed & Turzai lose their seats in November. If that means handing a couple of seats to the Demonrats for 2 years, so be it. Then on 7 Nov start working to find ONE viable primary challenger to any of the traitors who are still in office for the next election cycle. (Needs to be only one challenger, with as many people as possible uniting behind the one candidate. Otherwise they will divide the opposition between as many challengers as possible to retain their position.)

We need a show of strength to demonstrate that betrayal has consequences. Maintaining the status quo will guarantee we continue to lose what little of the 2nd we have left.
    I would say MASS Party change, Change to independent. That doesn't mean that we can't canvas/ support the GOP/ GOP candidates, but it WILL show our displeasure and the GOP WILL have to work hard to court the Independent, Conservative, Gun Owner voters.