Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W SD9 VE

(Westmoreland County)

Default S&W SD9 VE

Opinions? got one last week for my birthday, havent had a chance to pop off a few rounds due to work and school

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: S&W SD9 VE

Quote Originally Posted by shagreobe View Post
    Opinions? got one last week for my birthday, havent had a chance to pop off a few rounds due to work and school
    Not a high dollar pistol, won't have all the bells and whistles but will get the job done and go bang with almost boring regularity.

Lots of reviews of it out there. Most of them good. Price is pretty sweet (Brownells has it for $239.99 shipped with code M8Y). Couple small upgrades (I forget what they are exactly; apex trigger kit IIRC and a hammer spring?) make it an even nicer pistol it seems. If you can afford $100 more than a Hi Point you'll get a gun that most consider is worth way more than that price differential.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Franklin County)

I bought one last year. I've only had it to the range a couple of times. I've put probably 150 rounds through it, so far not one hiccup.
    The SD is basically a poor man's Glock 19. Compared side by side the SD is functionally the same inside, just a little cheaper made. My SD actually feels better in hand than my G19 did.
    The trigger is probably what people hate on the most, it's long and stiff but smooth (that's what she said). There is an Alex trigger kit for it, I'm not going to bother with the Apex kit, IMO the trigger is fine the way it is, it's a self defense pistol, not a target pistol.I
    I did put a Talon grip on mine. It's as close to feeling exactly right in my hand as any semi auto I've ever held, I know that's very subjective.

Good Firearm,They work every time,Train with it at the range where the trigger is no longer an issue ! Like i said they work evry time and Feel better in your hand than my Glock 19 !

(Chester County)

As we say in Schwinnbikeforum land "without pictures, it didn't happen".
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Westmoreland County)

Ive read the reviews nothing bad except the trigger, but a spring kit and trigger solve them. It was cheap for sure, but its an extra gun to play with. normal one is an XDs so im set