Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Call, Call, Call

I'm no lawyer, so help me out here. The bill is to require anyone who has a PFA against them to relinquish LTCF and all guns, right? Until such PFA is rescinded?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I'm no lawyer, so help me out here. The bill is to require anyone who has a PFA against them to relinquish LTCF and all guns, right? Until such PFA is rescinded?
    That’s how I interpreted it.

The other shit bill allows for confiscation on suspicions. That 15-yr-old pimpled chick that you ignored when you were a cool 17-yr-old 36years ago can know accuse you of being a dangerous nut and have your guns taken away.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

So can you report a cop who gives you a ticket and say you feel threatened , and have his guns taken away?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    That’s how I interpreted it.

The other shit bill allows for confiscation on suspicions. That 15-yr-old pimpled chick that you ignored when you were a cool 17-yr-old 36years ago can know accuse you of being a dangerous nut and have your guns taken away.
    I get that. I had a friend who was going through an ugly divorce. Wife was a total nut job. Accused him of child abuse, petitioned for a PFA and got her friends to do the same. Has anyone ever heard of a PFA request being denied? Doubtful. Better to be cautious... (Sarcasm intended.)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    So can you report a cop who gives you a ticket and say you feel threatened , and have his guns taken away?
    Exempt. Such laws are only for the little people.

(Lebanon County)

facebooked frank ryan...responded within 1/2 hour against bills; he's got my vote; tweeted mike folmer twice...no response; he needs to reactivate his email! guess the conservatives were bombing him with his more liberal stances on medical marijuana & electoral college elimination! I am on the fence about voting for him...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I get that. I had a friend who was going through an ugly divorce. Wife was a total nut job. Accused him of child abuse, petitioned for a PFA and got her friends to do the same. Has anyone ever heard of a PFA request being denied? Doubtful. Better to be cautious... (Sarcasm intended.)

Exempt. Such laws are only for the little people.
    From what I have seen and heard the whole PFA thing in PA is sham and a racket to advance the female agenda at a personal level and on a wider scale against men. The legal eagles can feel free to correct me but as I have seen it done, a woman can get a PFA 24 hours a day with zero evidence. The man is then forced to leave the residence with the clothes on his back. Only later a few weeks down the road is a hearing held to determine the truthfulness of the allegations but by then the damage is done.

The bigger issue is that lawyers in PA are using PFAs in divorces to negotiate money, property, services and other things out of men, i.e. we will drop the PFA if you do XYZ. I have personally seen these contracts sent to men.

Fortunately I am glad to have seen all this and personally witnessed such. My own personal policy is not to allow women any sort of adobe on or in my property, including marking their territory with things left behind. I'm not interested in building a business and great life for myself only to have some wacko bird put a PFA on me, toss me out of the house I built and have my finances and reputation damaged with "allegations".